Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:16am

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the point of contention was not about Mr. Huang's ability, but his story about the style called "Tien Shan Pai". The whole 64 generation thing with the Kane from Kung Fu intro story does raise some red flags but there really is no way to prove or disprove the story. As for what he actually does, I have never seen a clip of him move. But from the WIlly Lin book it looked like a similar yet different style from what I learned. I would love to see a clip of both though.

But thanks for the input. Next time we can chat about our feelings about Liu Wei Di Huang Wan.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 12:34am

Style: Shen Men Tao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello QF!

Excellent suggestion about the 'Six Ingredients Pills w/Steamed Rehmannia'. I do get a bit dizzy reading through alot of the posts here...and some of them make my ears ring, too...so reinforcing the Yin Vital Essence of the Liver and Kidneys might be the way to go, man! However...with all the Yang energy normally scattered around here...it might be a good idea to add about 7 gr. of Rou-Gui and perhaps 2 gr. of Fu-Zi to supplement our Yang Vital Function as well!

Doc

Posted On:
    9/12/2005 11:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan is probably not the best formula for somebody with my constitution...although the Rou Gui tends to make me and the mrs. all smiles, if you know what I mean.

But right now I am taking a granular formula of Ma Xing Shi Gan Tang (40g) with Jin Yin Hua (5g) + Lian Qiao (5g) + Niu Bang Zi (10g) + Cang Er Zi (5g). Bunches of fun. I usually enjoy having a beer watching TUF on spike, but tonight I get to take 3g of this formula. Yum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 12:40am

Style: Shen Men Tao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    QF:

Sorry to hear that you're feeling a little under the weather. Cold? Asthma? Cough? Fever with little or no perspiration? Dry throat? Thirsty? What a drag, eh? Don't forget to stir-fry or bake your xing-ren and gan-cao, OK? I usually prepare my Formulas by simmer cooking them in a ceramic herb cooker.

The Old Fashioned Method is to bring 6 cups of water to a near boil...i.e. little bubbles rising from the bottom of the cooker and steam escaping the surface of the water simultaneously. Add all of the herbs in the Formula...reduce heat to low...cover and cook for 30 minutes. Drink entire preparation within 48 hours time...then add another 6 cups of water to the already cooked herbs left in the cooker...and repeat cooking for 60 minutes. Drink entire preparation within 48 hours time. Repat process again...cooking the herbs for 120 minutes the third time. Drink within 48 hours time. Start again with a freshly prepared Formula if more is needed. Add the spent, cooked herbs to the compost materials for the garden!

I know all too well the effects of Chinese Herbs and Kung-Fu to married life. Thanks to these things...all 5 of my children were conceived in spite of the continuous use of multiple forms of birth control! The Chinese Sifu's always laugh and tell me..."you are very strong." LOL. My oldest is 26 and the youngest is 18 months! Whew-w-w-w! I love 'em all more than they will ever know.

Congrats on the birth of your child! Good looking baby, man. Your wife did a great job! LOL. Dads don't get alot of credit oftentimes these days....so get used to it. Ha! All the best to you and your family.

Dr. Gary Stier, OMD

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 6:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was exposed to a few girls last week that ending up having strep throat. I tend to not get sick, but the weather change from winter to spring and summer to fall usually makes me a little weaker for a short period of time, and that time just happened to overlap to being around sick sick people. So I started with a sore throat and some sinus issues, then my asthma (born with it) started to get worse, so I decided to take herbs instead of just exercising it out. Day two of the herbs and I am much better...although they are not loose herbs.

Actually I am pretty lame because I tend to use granular formulas d/t the ease of use and my future practice model. I graduated over a year ago with my MSA and I finish my CHM certificate in December. My baby's momma graduates with her MSA next June. She wanted to do herbs, but with the baby we really don't have time for that. After she graduates, we are moving to Kansas City were we will start the practice and I will start Nurse Practitioner school.

Practicing as a FPNP will mean I have less time with each patient, and granular formulas are much faster to make then a loose herb formula. Plus the amount of space required for a the dispensary is much less. I know loose herbs are more effective, but during my clinic shifts I have seen much more patient compliance with the granular formulas. Oh well.

Our son changes from looking asian to looking white on a weekly basis. We were hoping for red hair and green eyes, but it looks like he is going to be brown hair with red highlights and brown eyes. Regardless of the way that he goes, he will still be the best looking baby ever. Or at least I think so.

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 10:50pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is all nice, but will anyone post clips of these arts in motion? Preferably sparring?

Posted On:
    9/13/2005 11:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you ask nicely. Oh, and if I train hardcore for a year and then fight somebody while being taped.

Actually I would love to see some of the higher level people in this style on video, but I haven't found any.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/14/2005 7:16am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Quikfeet, I did review the threads you recommended and searched the Original Martial Arts Encyclopedia by Corcoran and Farkas and Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts by Robert W. Smith and Donn Draeger. Neither books mention this art which only means that the art is obscure. If I were you I would contact Robert F. Smith, whom you may be able to find on the internet because he's just published a new book. (Matt Bernus wrote a review of it here on Bullshido) If you can't locate Smith directly you might want to write him through his publisher.
    Definetely check with the Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts. I'll take a look at it tonight and see what it says. As for Corcoran and Farkas's book, don't bother, they are very incomplete in their information not to mention wrong in some of it.
    Smith seems to be a lot more diligent in his information gathering.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2005 3:02am

Style: Judo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most important, though, I think is whether or not the techniques actually work. A little bit of sparring with a boxer or a kickboxer would go a long way to establishing that. Is the training active, etc. etc.

Lineage in CMA is the most pointless thing ever because it actually means very little. It can tell you who your style comes from but so often in CMA the instruction of a martial art will change dramatically over one generation. The Wing Chun of Yip Man is far different from that which he first learned so I'm hard pressed to trace my lineage in Wing Chun further back than him. Also,when dealing with some of the Shaolin styles, oftentimes the main differentiating characteristic of the style is the individual forms. Meaning, a tiger style and then a family Shaolin style cldhave the same identical techniques in their repetoire, the difference being a) their forms and b) the way the application of the techniques are taught. So, while there's a thousand styles of Wushu, there's really only a dozen or so truly unique takes on combat in CMA.

What does this mean to you? It means that so long as your techniques are effective and fall somewhere into the baseline of CMA technique you're probably alright regardless of proper lineage. The most important thing is that you train those techniques properly and actively. Learning how to punch a wall bag is far different from learning how to punch someone's face and your skill will reflect that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 11:51am

Style: Tien Shan Pai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Video

Hey guys are you still interested in doing the video thing? I also study TSP and was looking into how your forms look like.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast