218271 Bullies, 7597 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 3:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not a grappler either, but I was impressed to see you last so long against a guy that much heavier than you (and none of his extra weight looked like flab).

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 3:57pm

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice butter fly, he looked frustrated for a while, god hes a beast. i thought you did good considereing giving up that much weight. most of your sweep attemps where killed by him posturing and droping that 100 extra pounds on you.

also looked like he almost got that anaconda on you got patients and escape.
    Last edited by Bizzaro Root; 7/08/2005 4:00pm at .
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 4:26pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i cant open the clip - any help?

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 6:39pm

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang. I give you props for lasting that long agaisnt the guy - he'd have my ass for lunch, and I'm not 100 pounds lighter then him.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 6:49pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice...
    Even with the big difference you made him work and almost got that triangle choke...

Senior Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 9:32pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a technical question, two actually:

Why'd you release the guard at the beginning, after you jumped into it?

and

Why did you go down on your back like that just after and let him come over top?

It looked delibrate I was just wondering what you were thinking.
    Last edited by JKDChick; 7/08/2005 9:38pm at .
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

I blew up a frackin' star!

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 9:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice video.

One thing is on my mind though, so I might as well ask. I'm assuming that pulling guard like you did at the very beginning is something that you would only do in a competition... because otherwise, what would prevent your spine and the back of your head from being smashed to the ground (and could be quite dangerous without mats).

I probably answered my own question, so please disregard if this is so. Again, nice fight

Brock Sampson

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 9:41pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excellent work.

My critique:

Your first guard jump was perfect. The second one you got lazy. I'm sure you know this already though.

He had a nice Brabo in the beginning. Way to gut it out.

I liked the sit out attempts. The first one was close. You should have driven backwards a bit more and used your flexibility to spin in midair. You almost did it. The second one you didn't hook the arm and were slow.

When he tried to break your guard you should have gone after his ass with a vengence. I could see right there he was slowing down. The high guard was working. Just get a little more control of one arm. I suggest 2 on 1 with a guy that size. 1 on 1 he is just going to power right out of everything. The omoplata was good. If you feel like they can stand up out of it, try to scoot AWAY from them it breaks their base down where they can't post and allows you a moment to sit up.

When he backed out you shoulda got on his ass. Good recoveries though. Back to the butterfly guard. Consider an explosive drive forward sometimes that would knock him backwards. Probably the last thing he expects. Because honestly, you weren't gonna elevator that guy. Way too big for you.

Hahaha for the helicopter attempt! Big balls for you trying that. Next time get your head under there! Fucking awesome. But when he went for the headlock thing and had you buckled over you rolled when it LOOKED like 1 hard pull and you might have his back.

Ohhh you do try to drive him backward. He's just too big. Sucks.

Carefull with that gi-style guard sweep when he stands. He was slow in going for the calf slicer. You rolled well and came up strong. Don't give up on the single so easy. Drive! Drive! Drive!

Easy to sit back and say what you coulda/woulda/shoulda done though. I say good job. That guy wasn't too bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 9:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not really a BJJ or all-grappling guy but i do freestyle wrestle, and ive noticed that for me if im wrestling a guy whos bigger than me, id rather counter them than meet them head on in a takedown battle so you really did the right thing trying to keep him in your guard rather than take him down with a shot or whatever.

AND
    perhaps u could have used the sprawl more? i dunno, theres some places where it seems like that would have helped. you did great though. he was a big dude and u by no means got destroyed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 10:22pm

Style: Taco Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey dude. You looked pretty good. Nice work against a guy with a very
    strong base and some huge guns. Awesome stepping up your game with a dude that much bigger.

Nice butterfly guard work - you have a strong guard. I think most of the butterfly was pretty defensive - good defense by the way. I don't know how many elevators/sweeps are going to happen from there with a dude that big with that kind of base. The closest you got was working up into a high guard / semi rubber guard with that triangle -> arm bar -> omaplata he stood up out of. You might could have exploited that more. And gone more aggressive from the guard - you sat up twice and looked like you were going for the guillotine, but maybe string that and alternate two on ones going for an arm drag or isolating an arm to attack, constantly working. He had good posture, hard to attack. He was also over the top a lot with that front half nelson or whatever. Can't you block that when he's trying to sink it by bringing your elbow up and grabbing the back of your own neck same side? That would lead to the guard rather than being in trouble.

Overall, kick ass work. You've got a decent overall game. Muchos kudos from the armchair quarterback peanut gallery who you could tap 90% of.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast