222280 Bullies, 3613 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/20/2011 9:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by edselaquino View Post
    Lu Tze,

a lot of clubs have the in-group mentality about things. I know that i've also felt it, and have been put off training at a gym because of the attitude.
    Did you read what I wrote about retention?

No, on your first day you're not "part of the group"... it's the height of arrogance to even expect to be.

At my club we always endeavour to be welcoming and inclusive of new players, but the fact is, we've all known each other for ages. A new guy just isn't going to have that same relationship and camaraderie right off the bat.

Breaking news: I didn't start out as "part of the group" either... Know how I got to be?

I kept fucking turning up.

For years.

And years.

Quote Originally Posted by edselaquino View Post
    It often happens when you come into a club and your the new kid on the block, but because you've been training since your 5, you seem to be able to do almost anything the teacher shows you in about 5 mins.
    Yeah, this speaks fucking volumes about your attitude right here.

You're not special, snowflake. Get over yourself.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 7/20/2011 9:23am at .

Posted On:
    8/18/2012 3:13pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but a link to this site was posted on my facebook group. I'm ex GKR and they almost ruined my life. I have lots of info on my group including why NAS is now cancelled as a direct result of them. The group is "The REAL face of GKR karate" and I'll try to post a link. Thanx.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/19/2012 11:40pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's somehow not surprising that an Australian came up with a martial art which name can be shifted around to become 'Kan Go Ryu' (kangaroo karate?)
    Ignore me, I'm on hefty pain meds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2012 4:58am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but a link to this site was posted on my facebook group. I'm ex GKR and they almost ruined my life. I have lots of info on my group including why NAS is now cancelled as a direct result of them. The group is "The REAL face of GKR karate" and I'll try to post a link. Thanx.
    Be interested to see that. I have a solid dislike of GKR, in fact GKR was the reason I first came to Bullshido.

Posted On:
    8/26/2012 11:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's unfortunate for Go Kan Ryu, being monopolized into a business, like many other martial arts.

What's really concerning is the fact that there's no mention of the OP getting the Thread Title of The Year award.

This is troubling.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011