Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 10:38pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido or not(not searched for)

http://www.kungfufightingtips.com/eb...tosd-ebook.htm
    Bam. Read it. Basic stuff, like phil elmore.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 10:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is completely different from Phil.

This guy is claiming all sorts of credentials such as being trained in:

TKD (backyard), Kenpo (black belt, Ed Parker lineage), Tien Shan Pai (4th deg. black under Chao Chi Liu), Yang Style Tai Chi, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (at camps and seminars featuring Helio, Rorion, Relson, and Royce Gracie)

I haven't read through his free book yet (again completely different from Phil) but he seems to make the same wild claims such as:

How to fight a grappler.
    Think you need to toss out everything you know and start from scratch with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or one of the other grappling arts? You don't. Automatic Self-Defense gives you an instant edge against a grappler.
    So it is really an advertisement for his DVD that he's selling.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 11:12pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy's ads scream RUN! BULLSHIDO! I guess that's what you gotta do to make money in the MA. I do agree with Mantis though...his credentials aren't bad. If he won 1st at Wong's tournament in the advanced sparring (which is full contact and draws a lot of people from all over the country) he's most definetely got some striking skills. How would he compare to the average MMA instructor? *shrug*
    The ebook was simple and generally non useful. I suspect much of the material he is hocking is probably not that great. He keeps using the phrase "unfair advantage" which is very phil-ish...
    I would have some serious doubts about the joint manipulation course and his conditioning stuff is probably riddled with bullshido...

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 11:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the year 2000, to mark his 40th birthday, Rob competed at Wong's Traditional Kung Fu Tournament - the largest All Traditional Tournament on the East Coast - in Washington, D.C., where he won Gold Medals in both Pushing Hands, and Advanced Sparring.
    I dunno about this. I've seen Wong's Tournament and its rough yeah (they don't enforce half the rules) but its def not the largest Tournament on the east coast. Kuoshu "Internationals" draw more than his does...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 11:31pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it seems like everything on the website is an exageration of some sort...that's what seems to scream bullshido to me. Still...his cred's are good.

PS- I still would never buy those dvd's