Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:17am

Style: Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, it's like in that chinese proverb, "The bear can kick a fox's ass, but he can never as 1337 as the bird"
    Or something like that, the point is, the fighters in UFC are the strongest of bears, but nothing more, thus they do not reflect the true point of all good martial arts.
    *dies laughing*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:18am

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    , it's still an ego boosting activity with no real usefulness
    This is hilarious, because anyone who has trained in any sparring art, particularly those that don't foster 'beggar's humility', knows that these arts are all about ego destruction. Until you get really, really good, you are going to get beaten and beaten soundly every time you go into the gym.

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All these stupid fools deserve a single match with me at the IVC.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like this reply from one of the guys on the forum, "I recently did a jujitsu class and it certainly isnt easy. I fought with 3 people. The first guy managed to arm lock me, arm bar me, choke me out all because i had no idea what was fricken going on."

Those guy need to go home a few times with a swollen, aching head and talk about sloppy punching, etc. It all changes when you get in the ring.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've always liked the UFC. Though it was better before the "rules", and the jujutsu guys were owning everyone back then. It's wrong to call those guy's monkeys. Or maybe it's really a compliment. I once saw a chimpanze pick up an 8X4 folding table and pound it on the ground like a baseball bat. But I know it's an insult.
    True civilization lies in the dominance of self and not in the dominance of other men.

Luther Standing Bear

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffo
    cant belive suchs idiots still exists. Apparently most of you dont know anything about MMA yet you still act like you are experts. I'm so fucking feed up with this bullshit that some wing chun guy or whatever would beat the **** out of a proffesional MMA fighter. These guys lives and breaths fighting, they train all the time and they devote theyre lives to it. I cant express in words how much I despice people who hides behind theyre keyboards and talk **** about the best fighters on the planet. " My master could do this and that" Yeah? How do you know that? Who has your master beaten?
    Dont talk the talk if you dont walk the walk. It takes skill to see skill, and aparantly the lot of you dont have the necessery skills to see how good they are. They fight like monkeys do they? Seriously that has to be the dumbest thing Ive ever read. They punch that way because its hard to block and its great knockout power, not because theyre sensei tells them to or because they seen it in a fucking form. They punch that way because it works.
    MMA is a science and it is constantly evolving, in contrary to many TMA system who has stuck in tradition. That is propably why you act as you do,you know so very little of real fighting that it is easier to say that its just bullshit and that it doesnt work. And for all of you who used the old argument that the rules restrict your deadly style, SHUT UP! In brazil there are real Vale tudo fights where you can elbow the spine, hit the groin and suchs. The only rules are no eyegouging. The old UFC was the same but you are propably to lazy to find all the right facts. They found that the only thing those rules lead to was unnecessery injuries, the fighting did not change very much when they made it more restricted.
    Finally, to those patetict and very ignorant people who said that good TMA guys dont fight in MMA because they somehow are "above" it, well... first of, in old China and Japan challenges betwen schools where very, very common.
    Where they not real traditional martial artists? Second, maybe MMA practioners ARE respectful and not just crazy "monkeys"? Taht ever struck you? Of course the fact that most fighters are very respectful and always hug theyre opponents after a fight doesnt mean anything?
    Im so fucking tired of this, you guys just cant accept the fact that a MMA champion like Fedor is respectful, humble and can beat the crap out of ANY "master" who dares to step in and fight with him, be it on the street or in the ring. Actually I think Fedors fightingstyle would work even better on the street. Id rather get thrown on my head in a ring than on concreate.
    PS. Fighters go to Pride, not to the UFC. Pride is bigger, has better fighters and pays better.
    9.0/10

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:30am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damnit, I've got a clip of one of our local fighters Steve "Caveman" Schneider winning his last fight with gorilla punches straight out of Planet of the Apes. I'll have to upload it when I get back from jits.

You and I agree on that rharbers, the UFC was much better in its true No Holds Barred, Tournament format. Thank John McCain, Boxing, and soccer moms for fucking it up. Were I wealthy, I'd hold NHB tournaments offshore like some bad villain in a kung fu flick.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:50am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I got bummed when they took away head butts and groing shots.

BTW that lotus dude is an idiot.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Damnit, I've got a clip of one of our local fighters Steve "Caveman" Schneider winning his last fight with gorilla punches straight out of Planet of the Apes. I'll have to upload it when I get back from jits.

You and I agree on that rharbers, the UFC was much better in its true No Holds Barred, Tournament format. Thank John McCain, Boxing, and soccer moms for fucking it up. Were I wealthy, I'd hold NHB tournaments offshore like some bad villain in a kung fu flick.
    They have those here on the Indian reservations.
    Crazy Mohawks !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/06/2005 9:56am

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now see, if I went over to that board and said "I practice DEADLY MONKEY FU that uses death touch, no touch knock outs, empty force, and wushu forms" I'd probably fit right in...
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast