Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 10:34am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yeah. What He Said.

Quote Originally Posted by omega
    This is not the first time this has been posted, not by me but by other posters. What the **** is up with beginning BJJ nutriders out there. For the umpteenth time in my life I've got some shithead talking about how he could take anybody down and tap him out because he's been training in BJJ for 3 or so months. I don't have anything against BJJ. I like our local BJJ instructors and we all cross train together. I help them out and vice versa everybody's happy. Goddamnit people BJJ is not the end all of grappling.

This last friday this guy comes in to train with one of our MMA coaches. He's been in Thailand for the past few months and they toughened him up. Great, but he though he could match up in striking. Wrong answer as he ate punches and kicks left and right. Muay Thai is not the be all of striking.

Two years ago a local boxing coach asked if we had any big guy his golden gloves fighter could spar. Just me at my gym. So I go down and when this guy found out I wasn't that good at boxing he starts to get all Roy Jones Jr. on me and starts to box cocky. I look at his coach who told him to knock it off. Half way throught the second round when he wouldn't stop I quick jammed his jabs and elbowed his shoulders (some of you kempo and muay thai guys should know what I'm talking about). I ended up breaking the guys hand. Boxing is not the here all of hand techniques.

Jeez guys have a degree of humility if you're a beginner. Remember the 'ol saying age and treachery will always beat youth and enthusiasm.

Damn straight. :)

-daGorilla

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 11:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    That ain't me, dumbbass. I don't even do 5 family. Thats Abel Crespo. And he'd kick your ass too.

Abel is my LAST name.

And when I say prove it, I mean it, otherwise STFU. .

Tell me your first name is Cain.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    ...and "break a coconut with my cock" guys.

Now that I would pay money to see...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 11:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Tell me your first name is Cain.
    Good lord, thats worse than being called Dick. The fights would be endless.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 12:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    ...its the "too deadly kung fu"
    Hey, my kung fu is too deadly, I still fight anyway.

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 4:38pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    This is not the first time this has been posted, not by me but by other posters. What the **** is up with beginning BJJ nutriders out there. For the umpteenth time in my life I've got some shithead talking about how he could take anybody down and tap him out because he's been training in BJJ for 3 or so months. I don't have anything against BJJ. I like our local BJJ instructors and we all cross train together. I help them out and vice versa everybody's happy. Goddamnit people BJJ is not the end all of grappling.

This last friday this guy comes in to train with one of our MMA coaches. He's been in Thailand for the past few months and they toughened him up. Great, but he though he could match up in striking. Wrong answer as he ate punches and kicks left and right. Muay Thai is not the be all of striking.

Two years ago a local boxing coach asked if we had any big guy his golden gloves fighter could spar. Just me at my gym. So I go down and when this guy found out I wasn't that good at boxing he starts to get all Roy Jones Jr. on me and starts to box cocky. I look at his coach who told him to knock it off. Half way throught the second round when he wouldn't stop I quick jammed his jabs and elbowed his shoulders (some of you kempo and muay thai guys should know what I'm talking about). I ended up breaking the guys hand. Boxing is not the here all of hand techniques.

Jeez guys have a degree of humility if you're a beginner. Remember the 'ol saying age and treachery will always beat youth and enthusiasm.

Great point. I was afraid no one got that. I read alot of this forum(Its great stress relief at work) and most of what I see is : "My pimp Bjj can kick your candy ass". About 75% of the patrons haven't realized that poeple beat the **** outta people. No matter what you take you still have to do it..never mind EVERY situiation will be different...

Wonderful rant.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I skipped from page 1 to page 5.

There is something from EVERY art called 'yellow belt syndome'. Some call it 'white belt syndrome', depending on location. Just a liiiiiiiittle bit of knowledge and they think they are ready to jump in the UFC and kick everyones ass. I saw the same phenomenon in everything I have ever trained. I probably did it myself but have created a mental block.

But, just to review - BJJ WINS AGAIN!

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega is obviously ranting to cover the fact he just got tapped out by a white belt.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 6:10pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuDoesWork
    Good lord, thats worse than being called Dick. The fights would be endless.
    Just because then you would be Cain Abel. It would be quite biblical.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 6:10pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Dont worry KFDW, I've had this kid IM me on AOL telling me why I needed to take grappling and that any grappler(including himself) could own me in 5 seconds or some ****.

I then tried to explain that like striking, grappling was just a sport and I definately wouldn't use it in street fight situation. He still wasn't convinced and I had to tell him to politely **** off.
    Not gonna argue with KM here, but he's taking what I said out of context and I don't think he understood me.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast