Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 12:02pm

Style: mixed +

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Think you're tough?

Thought I was going to a football/soccar/rugby game in a square in Florence Italy.
    It is called Calicio Storico Florentino.
    It was a full contact fight in the middle of a rugby match. Most of the front line guys were professional boxers/kickboxers and wrestler/grapplers. There are no rules. About 10 guys squaring off with ten other guys all in boxing stances and they were kicking, jabbing, hooks and grappling. The other guys on the field were assigned to stop the ball carrier in anyway possible. The blocks were brutal, they could range from hooks,kicks, full on tackles. They only carried out three players on strecher. I could not follow the game, too much action in all areas of the field.
    Looked like a 50 minute gang fight with members only wearing wraps on their hand. Happens in July. Wild. :naka:

http://www.globeit.it/caf/foto.html

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 12:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard of that before but never got to see a match. Looks like fun. Probaly better than getting smacked by a tomato!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 12:30pm

Style: brawling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whoa, i saw on tv once there's some sort of sport (or game?) where it's like full contact fighting + rugby.
    They slow motion-ed a segment of the game and from there, u can see people from opposing terms trying their best to stop the guy with the ball: one guy trying to jump on him and missed while another at the side tried a jumping kick, at the same time, some others are fighting it out in the background - one dude sort of suplex the another guy in the mud (yeah, the field looks muddy).

could that be the same type of game i've been wondering all this time? :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 6:58pm

Style: Muay Thai, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any video clips? btw this would attarct many viewers if brought to US
    Last edited by skanlessflipboy; 7/05/2005 6:04am at .

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd do it. But it's not an all out brawl. It's just a large wrestling match. You can't beat the hell out of one guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 9:47pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The italians are crazy...crazy I tell you! Lol! I remembered seeing that stuff once in TV and finding it crazy, but strangely cool. There's a lot of tension between italian cities,regions and even parts of town, so,instead of killing eachother in petty vendettas they play the "calcio" to pour every ounce of animosity building up in the year.It's a great way to relieve the stress and don' t think this is the only example...see the stick fights/rock trowing once a year in Peru between rival villages, the stick fights between african villages or the oil wrestling in Turkey(not much of a group brawl, but all about rivalary)
    Last edited by Kokujin; 7/04/2005 9:50pm at .

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're not that crazy =-)

Calcio just means soccer btw.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw some footage of one of these matches in a recent documentary on Leonardo Da Vinci. Apparantly it was Leonardo who designed the costumes for the game.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 8:37am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched it live back in the late eighties. It's much more intense than it appears on t.v. It's basically like a no-rules rugby match on steroids.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 9:47am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool! I'll be in Florence the end of July - maybe I can take pictures. Last time I was in Italy some English guys with very large heads and some tough looking Italians invited me to play rugby; yeah right... thanks anyway. There is a giant rugby player here, looks like a white Karl Malone, who's into karate and wrestling. A BYU (known here as '**** BYU') Samoan rugby guy cheated so our guy grabbed his elbow and kimured him.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast