Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 5:40am

supporting member
     Style: American Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it would be better to just review a dojo and let someone decide for themselves. I am of the opinion that an unbiased review of a dojo would be much better in the decision making process than just seeing a list of places not to go. Whoever supplies the review would have to know what questions to ask, what to look for in an instructor, etc. If you send some jackoff in and he just looks at a class and labels it mcdojo, bullshido, etc. without proper knowledge then you are potentially hurting someone's business without cause.

"There is no such thing as a bisexual man. If you like dick, you're gay."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 2:42pm

Style: Aikido, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    exactly. Like a system where multiple people can reveiw a dojo if they want but theres some structure round the review, so rather than someone just saying "it's good" or" it's crap" they need to comment specifically on individual areas on a "what to look for in a dojo" template. You'd obviously also need some sort of safeguard against a dojo just sending all it's students to slant the ratings.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 5:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, we tried this **** before and a bunch of fuckheads started coming on here spouting all kinds of bullshit about how this gym is good, but this one sucks. It's a lot better the way it is now. What's good for one person isn't neccessarily good for another.

BTW who the **** you calling fouled mouth you pissant little ****???

IN Vegas go to onekickgym. That guy's studio is cool. It's where we had our megathrowdown.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since there are so many mcdojos and bullshidojos, perhaps it would be just easier to list schools we can verify aren't crap.

I have a theory that 75% of all MA schools are mcdojos or bullshidojos.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/05/2005 2:27am

Style: Shotokan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

if you want a good non-Mcdojo......

hey- of you're in vegas, i can give you a good school to go to for the summer! it's shotokan karate. it's where i train under a former U.S. Team Member, Hiroshi Allen. it is 1400 rampart BLVD. in the sports park. if you want a good school that is serious for competition, i don't think it gets much more serious. he pushes hard and is a great teacher. being a former wolrd champion, i wouldn't expect him to be less. either way, im not trying to brag, just check it out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12