223839 Bullies, 3669 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 12:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not really gonna challenge him personally or anything, I just want to meet Nick's buddy and see for myself his "deadly crushing grip." :laughing1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 1:05am

Style: Begging for mercy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Ernest Rothrock

Master Ernest Rothrock started his training at the age of 15 in 1968. He's trained in a variety of Karate and Kung Fu systems before finding a home with
    Quote:
    Gradnmaster Leung Shum in 1976.

Master Rothrock opened his first studio in 1973 in Scranton, PA. He's been training for about 35 years and teaching for 30 years.

In 1980, Master Rothrock traveled to Hong Kong with Grandmaster Leung Shum. He met the great Gradnmaster Ng Wai Nung (Grandmaster Leung Shum's teacher). Master Rothrock demonstrated numerous routines for Ng Wai Nung and upon completion was awarded a Master's flag.

Master Rothrock has completed the entire Eagle Claw system, Wu Tai Chi system and Yang Tai Chi system under Grandmaster Leung Shum.

Learn More

To learn about the Eagle Claw Kung Fu system or Tai Chi, you can visit us at:
    I guess he's been training so long his kung-fu has become the deadly.Can a average MMA fighter witstand the power of Chi.

Hey Koto! If i were you i would ask him to kill me.And try to do it with a straight face too.
    You quote this and then make a joke out of it as if he said something stupid in that excerpt. What's wrong with him discussing his background in martial arts on the website?

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 1:12am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drouillm
    You quote this and then make a joke out of it as if he said something stupid in that excerpt. What's wrong with him discussing his background in martial arts on the website?
    Math mostly. If he started his own studio in '73, then he's been teaching for 32 years. That means he trained three years before opening his own studio, if he's trained for 35 years. However, he says he started training when he was 15, and this was in 68. And if this was when he started training, then he'd have to train 5 years before '73. That would mean he's been training 37 years if one of these dates is correct. Other than 3-5 years isn't really long enough to justify opening one's own studio, these contradictions cast doubt on his background.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 2:12am

Style: basically newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow what an interesting post!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 7:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's something I learned for all those guys who try to show off with strong, crushing handshakes.

When you shake hands, extend your index and middle fingers. For some reason, this makes it almost impossible for someone to crush your hand. Well... this works against the ordinary joe. I'm not sure about against and iron claw guy, but it should still help.

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 8:20am

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we have an Eagle Claw guy in our school. Very nice and respectful young man. He likes to talk about his Eagle Claw alot..... well.... not so much anymore. During a single sticking hands drill he modified the drill. I saw this from across the room and as I always do I walked over and asked "What'cha doin'?" He said "Well from this position I just feel the need to do this Eagle Claw block and then from there I can bring my hand in to grab the bicep and dig in." I said "Do you understand why I'm asking you to do this instead of that?" He shook his head. I continued "So I can cross my oponent up and punch without him being able to fire back. Your move opens you and him up and gives him a rear cross to throw at you. I hope you can still apply your claw while he is punching you in the face."

He nodded with new found understanding.

I think grip strength is important. It helps your grappling game and adds snap to your punches. But if you forget that the guy can hit you and all you're trying to do is crush him with your "super grip" then get used to getting hit.... A LOT!!!!

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 8:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koto, try and find out what he does to improve his grip strength. First you could ask him about eagle claw, ask him what it is and what are some of the defining charactistics. After he says a "kung fu grip" try and find out what he does.

Eagle claw is a standup grappling style. Some of the techniques are pretty cool.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 8:56am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rashomon, if he can bring a #3 Captains of Crush gripper within an inch of closing, the odds are very low that someone who hasn't been training wth COC or something similarly heavy is going to crunch his hand.

I'm considered fairly strong among my circle of friends, but I'm just getting ready for the number ONE. (COC goes Trainer, #1, #2, #3, #4.) I can close a Trainer 8 times with either hand; when I can do it 10, I'll be ready to get a #1 and start moving over to it. A #3 is serious grip! Good on ya, Koto.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 9:34am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashomon
    Here's something I learned for all those guys who try to show off with strong, crushing handshakes.

When you shake hands, extend your index and middle fingers. For some reason, this makes it almost impossible for someone to crush your hand. Well... this works against the ordinary joe. I'm not sure about against and iron claw guy, but it should still help.
    I learned that trick from a surgeon friend of mine, although he extends only his index finger. Not a good thing when you can't operate because some jerk tried to crush your hand.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 9:39am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koto,

Are those COC grippers more ergonomically designed than other grippers (allowing you to grip into more of a fist, rather than fingertips to heel) or is it just the fact that they provide the most resistance?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast