Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Didn't you jam up some idiots misogynist rant with a "Cool Chicks like Nice Nerdy Boys" rant of your own?

So you DO like the badboyz after all!

HA! In some ways, sure. I've always had leanings towards the scuzzier sides of society. I see it as a curiousity thing. I do things to find out what they are like, and then it's done. I'm probably lucky I graduated college and didn't get hurt or arrested. But on the bright side, I'm 22 and I've probably finished sowing a lot of my wild oats. I'm not saying I'm looking to get married right now, but I think I'm mostly done doing illegal and dangerous things in the name of insatiable curiousity (but I still want to be a private investigator, probably to watch the other side from the safe distance of "the right side" *snort*).

As for my current boyfriend, he is a big dork! And I love it! He's not "bad" and I'm grateful. At this point, I'm sick of "badboyz". It's probably because of the ex mentioned above. I want someone who respects me, and I refuse anything less. But I only know what to look for because I spent so much time with the wrong people.

and Mantis-
    Yes, I'm glad I left that trainwreck, too. Eventually the charges were reduced to a $400 fine for trespassing (his side of the story was that the town floozie stole $1000 from him--I was in Sweden when this all happened, or didn't happen). But still, he was not a desireable catch. I was in a rough spot when I met him, but I snapped out of it. Interestingly enough, the same week I started MA was the same week I broke up with him. Coincidence?

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 3:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Martial Arts DO make you a better person!!!

Good on you Beka. You got a good head on your shoulders for a wee lass of 22.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was talking to my sensei at the time about the guy, and he said to me: "Self esteem! Confidence! It's the karate way! Dump the bum!"

It was great.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut
    It is in Massachusetts. They call it a dangerous weapon. It's not uncommon. That kind of law, I mean.
    When you say "that kind of law", I assume you're referring to case law. I would disagree that it's not uncommon.

Whether or not a shoe is considered a dangerous weapon is a question of fact, to be decided by a jury. Almost anything could be considered a dangerous weapon (teeth, fingernails, hands, knees, feet, fists and elbows have all been considered as such). There are some dangerous weapons that are dangerous weapons per se. Guns and knifes are almost always per se dangerous. In this case, all the jury would have to do is determine whether or not the gun or knife was used, not whether or not it was actually a dangerous weapon.

Whether something which is not per se dangerous, such as a shoe, is to be considered a dangerous weapon, is very fact specific. The legal definition of a dangerous weapon would vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but I'm confident in saying that no jurisdiction specifically names a shoe as a dangerous weapon. I'm equally as confident in saying that while I'm sure case law exists in which a shoe was considered a dangerous weapon, it's relatively rare.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beka
    HA! In some ways, sure. I've always had leanings towards the scuzzier sides of society. I see it as a curiousity thing. I do things to find out what they are like, and then it's done. I'm probably lucky I graduated college and didn't get hurt or arrested. But on the bright side, I'm 22 and I've probably finished sowing a lot of my wild oats. I'm not saying I'm looking to get married right now, but I think I'm mostly done doing illegal and dangerous things in the name of insatiable curiousity (but I still want to be a private investigator, probably to watch the other side from the safe distance of "the right side" *snort*).

As for my current boyfriend, he is a big dork! And I love it! He's not "bad" and I'm grateful. At this point, I'm sick of "badboyz". It's probably because of the ex mentioned above. I want someone who respects me, and I refuse anything less. But I only know what to look for because I spent so much time with the wrong people.

and Mantis-
    Yes, I'm glad I left that trainwreck, too. Eventually the charges were reduced to a $400 fine for trespassing (his side of the story was that the town floozie stole $1000 from him--I was in Sweden when this all happened, or didn't happen). But still, he was not a desireable catch. I was in a rough spot when I met him, but I snapped out of it. Interestingly enough, the same week I started MA was the same week I broke up with him. Coincidence?
    Can you kick your dorky boyfriends ass?

Don't tell me the answer, if its yes send me his picture so I can **** with on Photoshop and call him 'th3 p833y'.

Thanks for your time.

...Oh and one last thing. Calling another girl a floozy is cool. You get rep points for that one.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lawdog may have me here. Upon closer inspection, it is an internal policy that assaulting someone by kicking them is charged as "assault w/ a dangerous weapon to wit a shod foot" and not a matter of statute.

Most of the time it goes to trial or gets plead out as w/ a dangerous weapons, so it has the effect of being statutorially (sp?) defined.

MAN we have wandered off topic.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 6:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost
    Can you kick your dorky boyfriends ass?

Don't tell me the answer, if its yes send me his picture so I can **** with on Photoshop and call him 'th3 p833y'.

Thanks for your time.

...Oh and one last thing. Calling another girl a floozy is cool. You get rep points for that one.
    No, I cannot kick my dorky boyfriend's ass. You see, as luck would have it, he happens to be extremely gigantic. He is is 6'5'' and 310#. He was a bouncer for three years, but decided he didn't want to be around the violence and the stupidity caused by the bar goers anymore. So now he's a checker at a grocery store. His T-shirts are 2XLT, but his pants are normal. A large portion of his size is in his torso. His hands are bigger than my face. His shoes are size 15. I couldn't strangle him if I tried--his neck is just way too thick.

Sometimes I try to get all jiu-jitsu on him. But to no avail. He either just overpowers me or squashes me. I can't even arm-bar him when he lets me just grab one. He decided if we were to have children they would have extremely broad shoulders.

Oops. It seems I answered your question. Besides, the only good photos I have of him are really bad. He shaved off his beard for some reason. Ick. It's back now and he looks burly again. I like that. :P :car6:

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 7:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beka
    No, I cannot kick my dorky boyfriend's ass. You see, as luck would have it, he happens to be extremely gigantic. He is is 6'5'' and 310#. He was a bouncer for three years, but decided he didn't want to be around the violence and the stupidity caused by the bar goers anymore. So now he's a checker at a grocery store. His T-shirts are 2XLT, but his pants are normal. A large portion of his size is in his torso. His hands are bigger than my face. His shoes are size 15. I couldn't strangle him if I tried--his neck is just way too thick.

Sometimes I try to get all jiu-jitsu on him. But to no avail. He either just overpowers me or squashes me. I can't even arm-bar him when he lets me just grab one. He decided if we were to have children they would have extremely broad shoulders.

Oops. It seems I answered your question. Besides, the only good photos I have of him are really bad. He shaved off his beard for some reason. Ick. It's back now and he looks burly again. I like that. :P :car6:
    So he's fat and has no career future.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2005 11:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    So he's fat and has no career future.

That means a lot, coming from a guy with no chest hair.