225066 Bullies, 3895 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This'll be good: meeting my buddy's kung fu buddy tomorrow

I was at the store the other day after I got out of the gym to pick some stuff up when I saw a buddy of mine I hadn't seen for some time there. We did the usual small talk BS, then he asked me what was I up to lately. I told him that besides school, work, MA, girlfriend, and strength training I didn't really have much of a life and that's when he started telling me about his buddy who does kung fu.

He works with this guy (they're both security guards at the local mall, which automatically makes them the d34dly) who says he trains in Eagle Claw kung fu and has a grip so strong he can crush bones, rip off muscle, etc. etc. So we talked a bit and my buddy explained how this guy was teaching him all these "ki harnessing" exercises and crap to help him develop that crushing strength and all this other bullshit. He then tells me he has a party going on tomorrow night, which I will be sure to be there to meet this cat.

This is where the fun comes in: I haven't seen my buddy in a few years, so he has no idea about all of the grip training I've been doing. I'm a nut about training my grip actually, and it's probably the best attribute I have of me physically. I'm pretty close to closing the Captains of Crush #3 gripper (which takes about 280lbs to close), can do a few cool grip tricks (tearing phone books, ripping decks of cards in half, busting soda cans, etc.), and have pretty rugged fingers from doing a lot of pinch grip and hub work so I feel it's a pretty good grip.

So I figure I'm going to meet this guy and crush the bones in his hand first, then ask him a bit about his training :glasses1: Then I'm gonna get drunk and hit on his girlfriend he's supposed to be bringing. LOL jk.

This is the school he says he trains at: http://www.rothrockskungfu.com/

Should be a fun time. I'll keep you all posted.

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 6:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An excerpt from their site:

The advanced practitioners of Eagle Claw develop their hand and finger strength so that they can crush bones, stop blood and air flow and disrupt the nerves.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 6:41pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can hear the Jaws music.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 7:08pm

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Koto, if you can close the #3, go to a knife show where Emerson has a booth and you get a free production model if it is the same grips he advertises on his site (I believe they are). Check his site for details.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 7:24pm

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Ernest Rothrock

Master Ernest Rothrock started his training at the age of 15 in 1968. He's trained in a variety of Karate and Kung Fu systems before finding a home with
    Gradnmaster Leung Shum in 1976.

Master Rothrock opened his first studio in 1973 in Scranton, PA. He's been training for about 35 years and teaching for 30 years.

In 1980, Master Rothrock traveled to Hong Kong with Grandmaster Leung Shum. He met the great Gradnmaster Ng Wai Nung (Grandmaster Leung Shum's teacher). Master Rothrock demonstrated numerous routines for Ng Wai Nung and upon completion was awarded a Master's flag.

Master Rothrock has completed the entire Eagle Claw system, Wu Tai Chi system and Yang Tai Chi system under Grandmaster Leung Shum.

Learn More

To learn about the Eagle Claw Kung Fu system or Tai Chi, you can visit us at:
    I guess he's been training so long his kung-fu has become the deadly.Can a average MMA fighter witstand the power of Chi.

Hey Koto! If i were you i would ask him to kill me.And try to do it with a straight face too.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 11:26pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can do better than that. Trick him into grabbing your shirt or something to show you his amazing grip and how you'll never be able to get him off, and then do omote gyaku tori followed by kote gaishi, crushing his poor hand as hard as you can. Post pictures of the aftermath.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 11:55pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chop his hands off with a butcher knife, and when he stops screaming, say "now how you gonna grip me, bitch?"

PL

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 12:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzei
    Hey Koto, if you can close the #3, go to a knife show where Emerson has a booth and you get a free production model if it is the same grips he advertises on his site (I believe they are). Check his site for details.
    Still got an inch to go unfortunately :(

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzei
    They have the numbers wrong too. There's been tons of people who've closed the #3 so far and about half a dozen for the #4. Wish I could though, man would that be sweet to get an Emerson for free. *drools*
Page 1 of 21 1 234511 ... LastLast