Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:36pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Negativecr33p
    Heh, I doubt I'll receieve anymore pain than my wing chun instructor gives out. But two differant opinions out there. I was worried about it being mc dojoish since they are all over the country. http://www.teamroc.net/HomeFrameSet.html This particular schools website, I guess they have an impressive list of fighters, but they're all under royce gracie, not the school's instructor. Really don't wanna end up in another mc dojo. The tkd place I got stuck in a contract with sucked.
    I read the website. the guy is one of five BJJ black belts under Royce Gracie which means he is very skilled in terms of BJJ technique. From how he discribed himself he does not appear arrogant or full of himself. I obviously know nothing of his business practices but I would advise calling around and finding out what the normal pricing for martial arts instruction is in your area. If he is charging going rate or up to 50% more a month I think he is worthy of consideration. Just see what his business practices are. He has a very good pedigree.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:41pm

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note, if you ever start training in mma, you will probably drop your Wing Chun and kick yourself for the time and money spent on it (I did).

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 11:18pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    You're right. That's it... I'm going back to playing pattycake in karate, enough of this live contact training! Actually screw that, I broke my finger playing pattycake, I better go back to sitting on the couch eating snacks.
    Even that might be dangerous.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Posted On:
    7/02/2005 2:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    There is no such thing as a non-Gracie BJJ school.
    I have to disagree with this. I can think of several BJJ guys that disaffiliated from the Gracies quite a long time ago. I started training BJJ under Bruce Shepard (KhorneliusPraxx's current instructor), and he is not affiliated with the Gracies. He's under Marcelo Ferreira, who to my knowledge is also no longer affiliated with any of the Gracies. Ferreira received instruction from Francisco Mansor, who was under Helio, so technically I guess they can be linked to a Gracie, but that was quite a long time ago. Also, I'm currently under Caique, and I don't think he has a massive amount of love for the Gracies either.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12