Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lay on your back and make big circles with your feet, pivoting at the knees. Your shin/feet will be like little propellers.

Get up against a wall and lay on your back, knees bent feet touching wall, head away from wall. Use your feet and 'walk' along the wall to one side. Spin yourself over and duck your head inside. You will almost be folded in half upside down. Now keep walking and let the turn untangle you.

Grab a 60lbs heavy bag and bring it into your psuedo guard. Open up and take butterfly guard and kick the thing over your head like you would do an elevator sweep. Roll up with it, and take knee on belly.

(continue)

Knee on belly with the heavy bag. Knee over towards one end, not the middle. Step over the short end and around into the opposite side knee on belly. Back and forth.

On your back, roll up into the crouched position with a triangle base. Lunge forward and stand up (or do knee drag duck walks) and lift your arms in the air. You are simulating trying the elevator sweep from a butterfly but they resist by pulling backwards. You drive forward and continue thier motion, running them over or driving forward and lifting thier legs and taking them down.

Take your belt and wrap it around a pole or heavy bag (pole/tree prefered) in the middle so you have two long ends to work with. Those simulate arms. You pull real hard on that belt as you make your entry for different throws.

Stand on your head and spin around til you are dizzy. Then run backwards in a circle. Then frontwards. Do 3 forward rolls and 3 backward rolls. Now look around because everyone thinks you are a fucking idiot for doing something so dumb.

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 5:56pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    I didn't mean you. I know you train in it. I meant Nightstrike. If he doesn't know the stuff the drills are suppossed to train they won't do him any good.
    Yeah (more of a no gi guy though), I just don't get your drill, like the wording confuses me.
    Last edited by FighterJones; 7/03/2005 6:01pm at .

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 6:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i do highschool wrestling but in jiu jitsu, like I have told you, its pretty much MMA, I just don't get what you mean by "when someone goes for the tight waist or whatever"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrike
    i do highschool wrestling but in jiu jitsu, like I have told you, its pretty much MMA, I just don't get what you mean by "when someone goes for the tight waist or whatever"
    By the "tight waist" he's just talking about the starting position with you on the bottom.

It's just the "sit out" drill. Just sit out as you would if you were beginning from the bottom position, but instead of going for a "switch", you roll to the inside in hopes of either rolling through, catching a seated peterson, or whatever. I'm sure you've done that drill before if you've had any training in high school wrestling. If not, you need to kick your coache's ass.

Posted On:
    7/03/2005 10:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH! okay guys thanks. But no we don't do that in wrestling, my coach pretty much has nearly all of it wrestling and conditioning, we don't really do drills (although I think we should). But thanks for taking the time to explain this to me

*post 777!

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 3:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no hahhahah. He sucks at teaching techniques. Hes great at conditioning though

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 6:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I doubt there is any high school wrestling coach in the entire country who doesn't teach the "sit out". It's one of only 2 or 3 possible techniques from the bottom starting position.

Nightstrike, what the hell are you taught to do from the bottom starting position?

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 6:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    we figure that stuff out on our own when we wrestle, but from what I gather, wait for the other person to screw up and take advantage of the opportunity.
    he mainly teaches us stuff from the dominant position.
    hahaha, to be honest, I learn more stuff for wrestling in ju jitsu than in wrestling.
    Last edited by FighterJones; 7/04/2005 6:36pm at .

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahah, he may suck at teaching us the information we need to know, but we get in incredible shape.
    i swear my arms doubled in size after wrestling season this year.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/04/2005 6:56pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My bullshit detector is going off.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast