Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:31am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourettes
    Swedish prison sounds more like a country club than anything else. I know a guy who got sentenced not too long ago - he's on a waiting list to begin his sentence so in the meantime, he's out travelling. I **** you not...
    I read an interesting story about an eastern european criminal who, when he thought he'd go to a swedish prison, confessed to his crime. When he realized that he'd be serving his time in Latvia.. all of sudden, no way was he guilty, hehe.

Welcome to sweden, softest penal system in the world, for good and ill...
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:36am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehe. I think Norway is thinking about challenging you guys for that title. But I guess that's just how things have ended up in scandinavia. We've never had lots of crime and times are kind of catching up and making us pay for a soft legal system :/
    More human than human is our motto.

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 10:29am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashura
    It really looks like violence is everywhere in Europe now. Those kind oa agressions were unthinkable 10 years ago, well may be not in Stockholm but certainly in other places.

Ha det så bra, med vänliga Hälsningar.
    It's pretty fucked up.

A local woman here in the Seattle area (one of my wife's nursing school teachers) had a son in his twenties (I believe) travelling Europe. I don't remember exactly where it occurred in Eurpope, but her son was pushed onto the subway tracks by someone. (No one is really 100% sure exactly what happened... but it's suspected he was pushed.)

Anyway, he lost both of his legs. In a heartbeat he went from young tourist to critical care and a life-altering disability.

I can't hardly imagine what his mother must have been going through when she received the phone call, or what he went through during the entire ordeal.

-daGorilla

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 1:52pm

Style: None as of yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every time I think about "violence" & "Europe" I think about football hooligans.

And I've noticed that in the last part of the video there wasn't any people in the background as if everyone moved away to avoid the fight. In fact one guy even walked pass them doing his best to ignore the whole thing. It's the opposite from here because whenever there's a fight everyone gathers to watch and sometimes even get involved.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 4:18am

Style: Brasilian Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I've noticed that in the last part of the video there wasn't any people in the background as if everyone moved away to avoid the fight. In fact one guy even walked pass them doing his best to ignore the whole thing.
    That's the way people act in Finland too. Especially when it's a fight or beating of someone, people don't want to get involved or even call police. I got beaten up by five kids once, I was lying on ground covering my head, getting kicked/stomped and yelling at people who were passing by to call police, but no one did ****.

Sadly, people pay no attention to others when they've passed out or just lie somewhere. It's probably part of the "mind your own business"-culture and getting used to the drunkards everywhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 4:45am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivari
    That's the way people act in Finland too.
    And here (in Belgium) too. I can't even blame most people...even if you get past the fear to get hurt/stabbed/etc., there's a fairly large chance you're going to get in trouble with the police and you're going to be ostracized too.
    And yes, I'm speaking from personal experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 5:15am

Style: Brasilian Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't even blame most people
    Everyone has a cell phone, they can walk out of the sight of the attackers and call police. Then atleast there'll be someone to take care of the victim.

Stand and Deliver!

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 6:21am

supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourettes
    Swedish prison sounds more like a country club than anything else. I know a guy who got sentenced not too long ago - he's on a waiting list to begin his sentence so in the meantime, he's out travelling. I **** you not...
    Geez, sounds just like Canada. Fucking liberal wimps.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 6:34am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivari
    Everyone has a cell phone, they can walk out of the sight of the attackers and call police. Then atleast there'll be someone to take care of the victim.
    True. I'll stop not blaming people now. :pottytrai

I was thinking about my own experiences and last time I came across & intervened in a public beating was 12 years ago, before cellphones were omnipresent.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/11/2005 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the way people act in Finland too. Especially when it's a fight or beating of someone, people don't want to get involved or even call police. I got beaten up by five kids once, I was lying on ground covering my head, getting kicked/stomped and yelling at people who were passing by to call police, but no one did ****.

Research has been done showing that the more people around the less likely it is than anybody will do anything about it. Everyone just thinks: "Someone else will call the police". I think it is called Diffusion of Responsebility or something like that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast