Posted On:
    6/29/2005 10:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Wonderful.

Thanks for your opinions guys. I have not decided yet.
    At the moment my routine is :

Monday/Wednesday/Thursday: Kyokushin karate.
    But I'm not getting that much out of Thursday's class.

So it will be:
    Monday/Wednesday: Kyokushin karate
    Thursday: Judo

But I have not decided yet. I still want to consider it further.

Judo will only be $7- per lesson which is fine. I can affrod that. The guy who runs it used to coach the mens Olympic Judo team for Australia. SO I am assured of good quality training. They like to do groundfighting. I've watched a couple of lessons already and seen that they spend quite a bit of time on the ground. Oh and there are also a few state champions who train there too. Pretty good.

But I have to buy those one of those grappling gi's which cost about $90 - $100 for a good one. Plus I need to shell out an extra $80- per year to the NSW Judo Federation. Thats a membership fee. So I still want to think about it.........

Just do it, you slacker, quit procrastinating and making excuses.
    Go and judo your ass till it falls off, you have everythign to gain and nothing to lose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:07am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    That individual must have been retarded. In over 20 yrs. of training, I've never seen anybody confuse styles.
    He was a bright guy but a jack of all trades - was trying to practice judo, bjj and boxing while holding down a demanding fulltime job so he'd get to the dojo once every 2 weeks. You could see a big difference in his judo once he mixed everything in - it was just too much for him to handle and he'd get confused. He used to start leglocks during newaza - wouldn't finish them but he'd catch himself. You can argue that someone throwing leglocks is cool because you learn how vulnerable you are when you do expect them, but that's how people get hurt and I am very not cool with that.

Simply put, I feel you should crosstrain, but only if you have the time to respectfully study the various styles you want to learn plus add in extra time where you combine the arts on your own until you're comfortable mixing them. Lately I've been meeting a lot of guys who want to learn throws but have absolutely no desire to put in the time or effort required to learn safely and effectively.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:38am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It comes down to two types of people. Martial Artists and Fighters. If you want to be a fighter, you need to become proficient at ground and striking capacities. If you want to to be the best Judoka, WC practicioner (Why?), Karateka, etc. then you need to practice in one style to become the best at it. My personal method is the fighter's. Learn all aspects of the fight from a variety of styles and use them all in sparring, fighting, etc.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 3:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done. I think I will do it.

Just for arguments sake here is the web site of this Judo club. It has a history and profile of the people who coach and train there:

www.budokan-judo-club.com

What do you think ? Oh and yes to grade, you MUST compete.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 4:01am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done. I think I will do it.

Just for arguments sake here is the web site of this Judo club. It has a history and profile of the people who coach and train there:

www.budokan-judo-club.com

What do you think ? Oh and yes to grade, you MUST compete.
    People rolling, people competing and performing well, decent-sized training area. Approved.

Just don't get on Yvonnes bad side.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 7:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks great, go for it.

Enjoy the dodgeball!
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 7:48am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and yes to grade, you MUST compete.
    ...As it should be.

You're a fool if you don't take advantage of that place. Twice a week. Be prepared to leave your ego at the door and suffer complete emasculation, because it appears there are a few women there who will mop up the mat with you.

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 8:05am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twice per week ?

Sorry. That means:

Kyokushin: Monday & Wednesday

Judo: Tuesday & Thursday.

I know it sounds good. But hey, 4 nights of hard training in a row. Thats a good way to burn out and become sick. Maybe that would be doing too much.So I'm thinking I'll just take Judo on a Thursday.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 6/30/2005 8:19am at .
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 8:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    ...As it should be.

You're a fool if you don't take advantage of that place. Twice a week. Be prepared to leave your ego at the door and suffer complete emasculation, because it appears there are a few women there who will mop up the mat with you.

I remeber the first time I got thrown, and beaten like a red-headed stepchild, by a female judoka, I still have fond memories of her....

Posted On:
    6/30/2005 8:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin please.

Lets just stick to Judo. Okay ?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast