Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 8:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    he hasn't posted here in three and a half years, and that post in particular is closer to four years old. i'm pretty sure he wasn't playing cod3.

Sarcasm my man....pure sarcasm.

Everytime I die it shows some stupid ass saying, and one of them is that one.

Just fucking around dude.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 8:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari

We need more medical people here for threads like this and the drive the nose into the brain crap that comes up as well.

Ummm....whats wrong with driving soemones nose into their brain for a kill? WHy is that crap?

I had it done to me once. I got better

Posted On:
    1/01/2007 1:00pm

Style: Inept BJJer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scan your certification. Which will name your school. Include a name at the school that will confirm you in an attachment. If you are listed on a website as working at a legit medical establishment that would probably do it as well.
    Well see the thing is all my stuff is in my buddy's garage in West Virginia... and he had a fire...

Just kidding. Let me go buy a cheap digital camera & I'll photograph my diploma.

We need more medical people here for threads like this and the drive the nose into the brain crap that comes up as well.
    That's an easy one, just google image search "CT sinuses" and look at all the beautiful delicate bones in the nose- and how they are NOWHERE NEAR the brain.

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 2:24am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a link documenting the death of a 14 year old boy in a karate match:

http://www.la12.org/pdf/Ch29.pdf

While researching commotio cordis a few years back, I actually came across a video clip of a kid in a gi getting punched in the chest and collapsing in a fatal episode. It may very well have been the case alluded to above.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be filed under anecdotal stories: one of my supervisors suggested that when fighting juice monkeys, to punch them in the heart. Theory being steriods weaken the heart.
    His source? He did it once while bouncing and dropped the guy cold. Dude woke up, but was very complaint after that.

Makes for a cool story, regardless of why the guy dropped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 8:58am

Style: Pai Lum K.F.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (This is going to make me look like a tv wrestling dork) Anyone remember Sid Vicious?
    One of his finishing moves was called the heart punch; basically interlaced his right hand with the other dudes, held it open the arm and punched the other guy right square in the chest. He almost killed a no name guy by accident during a practice and they said it was commotio cordis.
    I once saw a amatuer gymrat almost kill himself from bouncing the bar off his chest during bench press and he was only doing 135. I almost laughed but didn't, even though the faces he was making was damn hilarious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 6:42pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aaaargh
    I think the suggestion that someone could use this phenomenon for a "death touch" is ludicrous. Here's 2 reasons why:

--It's related to exactly what part of the heart's electrical cycle is taking place. You could not know that without an EKG. Even feeling the pulse would not be enough.

--Everyone's heart is positioned a little differently in the chest. And the heart moves as you breathe in and out. It's a moving target. And it's behind clothes, too.

There are billions of people in the world, all getting bumped in the chest, all the time. OF COURSE once in a while some freak thing will happen. Let's hear no more on this.

Oh, and I'm a medical doctor with a graduate degree in physiology.
    I agree that there is no way that an aggressor could time this reliably. However, the original article stated there is a narrow window of "15 to 30 msec prior to the peak of the Twave". Assuming a nominal heart rate of 72 bpm (which could be considerably higher during a fight), a heart cycle would have a period of 833 ms. That means by pure random chance, a blow could have the correct timing (landing in that 15 ms window) 1 out of roughly 56 (833/15) times. So, a blow that hits in just the right spot, with an appropriate level of force and energy would have just under a 2% chance of having the right timing.

Effective "dim mak" rationalization? No.

Do I want to get hit in the chest by a hockey puck or a baseball? No. Certainly not repeatedly!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 4:21am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that how canadian roulette is played?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 4:26am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wot about cracking the sturnum and piercing the heart?

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 5:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The chance of hitting the cardiac cycle at the point is so ridiculous _ing _ung seems reasonable.

Of course I am drunk.

**** you.

--J.D.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast