Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 1:37pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I started at TKD at around 8-10 years old until I got my yellow belt.

I earned a thirst for combat with the little sparring I did.

hiatus

started Kuk sool Won at 16-17 until I got my yellow belt, but my training total there was one year(end of contract) in which people with less time there than me were running around with red belts.

I even got to meet grandmaster In Hyuk Soo.

I am ashamed to say I even went to Kuk Sool Won, but I got to smell the coffee long before most of the students there did. I was very pissed off every class I went near the end.

I gained some degree of physical conditioning, which I had none, and insane flexibility and work ethic(which the other students had none)

at 18 I found this website and I was exposed to the brand new highschool wrestling team at a pep rally. I knew that's what I wanted to do: throw people.

I joined the highschool TKD club at the near end of junior year, and was about to join the wrestling team. I even remember training at the YMCA to get ready for it.

so I just couldn't do it, I finally quit. I went in there with zero popularity, as a senior, and with zero physical training through hours of conditioning, and I enjoyed it beacause it was a TRUE martial art, even though I never got to wrestle.

there was a point when I did both wrestling conditioning AND the TKD club, that's 3 or 2 days a week of 2 and a half hours of wrestling, and one hour+ of Tae Kwon Doe.

I quit after a month and a week in of wrestling.

I gained the basic sprawl and shoot from wrestling, and the notion of how much you really got to push yourself.

I remember gaining weight doing TKD (as opposed to not doing TKD) beacause I only trained 2 days a week, sometimes less than that. we started by running one lap around the school main building, calistethics, 25 roundhouse kicks to Blastmaster each side, LARPing the air, and when we were lucky pseudo BJJ grappling or either TKD geared sparring or kyokushin style no gear sparring.

Later on I bought Sifu Shi Yan Ming's Shaolin Workout and mixed his stretches with the ones I was taught in kuk sool won to introduce strectching to the TKD club. we would strecth every part of out bodies for 15 minutes when I taught.

our master started focusing on kata rather than BJJ later on but that's a different story.

So I started muay thai and BJJ at 19, I graduated, and I am currently training muay thai and BJJ and am currently 19 years old.

I have 4 months of BJJ and muay thai under my belt plus the houston throwdown.
    Last edited by tharuz; 10/02/2008 1:49pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:29pm

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    39 -- 39!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow how did I miss this thread!?!?!

Started TKD at 4. Judging from my own kids I amounted to little more than running around, hitting a kick sheild now and again, and being continuously corrected on how to do a move.

Now 34.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:01pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lots of the usual kid stuff off and on. Shotokan from 14 to 17. Hiatus because of knee injuries. Started Shorin Ryu at age 20, all the way to now at age 42.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:42pm

Style: bjj brown belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6-13 in tkd and kickboxing, then at 20 started back in kickboxing and then bjj. 26 now

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 9:52pm

Style: BJJ ultra-noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    14. Now 34.

A decade of gaps interspersed. Currently in a gap due to lack of sleep from having kids (basically, when one kid started sleeping through the night, we had a second. Still recovering from that. Between work, the beasts and still trying to find some time for guitar, there is little left over).

Though I found a place that has BJJ classes at lunchtime, so I can start getting back into it.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:06pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Started at 8, I am now 40

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Started at 16, now 58. Usually a couple nights a week hobbyist. When getting serious about getting the skills those fucking bbs had that I wanted, I started training five nights a week, + running and lifting.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezere
    Wow how did I miss this thread!?!?!

Started TKD at 4. Judging from my own kids I amounted to little more than running around, hitting a kick sheild now and again, and being continuously corrected on how to do a move.

Now 34.
    I think he left out 3rd Dan Kyokushin, Nidan Judo, Boxing Champ, BJJ competitor, Bagua CMA Larper, and general fuckup.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2008 10:36pm

Style: Shorin-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Started Judo at 8. At 13 started looking around at anything that had punches and kicks while still pursuing Judo(nearly caught that sucker too). Found a Shorin Ryu school that appealed at 29. Now 46(old and fragile :clock: )
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast