Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:03pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How many of you thought you were badass BEFORE you took an MA?

Like, you were all "teh str33t" and you could kick so much ass with ur huge guns 'n ****.

I'll admit, I did for awhile. And getting into a fight with a kid who took Taekwon Do from a McDojo for four years, and then beating him down (he used a bunch of fancy jump kicks that didn't do anything) didn't help. Then, I "sparred" with my friend who took jiujitsu for five years from a solid school, and while I was busy trying to pull off stupid ONG BAK moves or whatever, he trapped me and threw me to the ground every time.

I have to say, amateur clusterfucks "figh clubs" are fun as hell, but damn are they stupid.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, guns but I could still do people damage. Wrestling's the way to go for me.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:30pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I was badass when I did Classical Jiu Jitsu. I actually thought partnered kata was teaching me a lot about fighting... When I started taking BJJ the reality that I suck at fighting came crashing down around me.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was 7 before I took an MA...

So needless to say, I was a total badass =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:45pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm kind of with Em - I was like, 13, 14, when I started. Who doesn't think they're bad when they're in jr. high?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:45pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was seven, we were imitiating the Power Rangers kung fu. That **** could kill ANYONE.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 3:58pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My ass has always been rather cantankerous, even rude, but never quite bad. I did have this super fat friend when I was younger... his were the cheeks of god's wrath. But in all seriousness I was a really passive little dude. But eventually a bully started a fight which I finished then subsequently declared myself "teh sh!t". Course when I actually went to a real dojo that whole facade was proven very, very, very, very wrong. Your face must only become intimately acquainted with someone's gloves once before you learn your place... on the floor...
    Last edited by SkinnyNinja; 6/26/2005 4:23pm at .

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a non-social, "lone wolf" type of person, so I just kind of keep to myself, never badass.

PL

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 4:55pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was constantly reminded of the fact I wasn't a bad ass. Being the smart kid in school gets you picked on. No problem, I said, my dad can teach me how to box. Which he did. And then I fought a bunch. Strangely enough, I think I probably got my ass handed to me as many times I knocked the **** out of someone else, but I didn't get picked on anymore. No one wanted to mess with the guy who was liable to fight back. So I kinda skipped over that whole "I'm a badass" phase because it's hard to think you're a badass when you've got a cut lip and bloody nose.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    6/26/2005 5:35pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *sigh*

Yes. I was a thug in high school.

I got better.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast