Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/16/2003 8:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81205,00.html

Nonetheless, the government continued its efforts to avert war by destroying more of its banned missiles and handing over videotapes of mobile laboratories to inspectors in compliance with U.N. resolutions.
    So they do exist I guess... Too bad the USA is going to 0wn Iraq by the end of the week.

Posted On:
    3/16/2003 8:55pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point. I thought they denied they had such labs.

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 1:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, all it takes is Saddam handing a few vials of biochem agents to some wacked out Muslim extremists, and you could shut down half the country.

Nobody is stupid enough to attack the U.S. directly. That's why they use terrorists to attack it indirectly.

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 1:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    osiris: this whole war is about the principle of the thing.
    The UN says "Disarm saddam"

He's like "No, get your poopy faced inspectors outta here"

Bush is like "Dude, we'll totally 0wn you unless you let them back in and do what the UN is telling you"

Saddam is like "Ok momma, don't hurt me *snicker, we don't have any mobile labs, do you have any pictures of them?"

UN says "Maybe we could use a light to look for stuff, because"

Saddam: "I'll blow that light outta the fucking sky if it comes over here!! We're not hiding anything though, honest"

Then Bush is like "Hey bitch, you better turn the **** over, or this ****'s over!"

and Saddam is like "Ok ok, here's 16 missiles, I don't know where we got them from, someone must have forgotten to mark them down"

Then Bush is like "Grrrr... You're not disarming, IT'S ON NOW!! PREPARE TO EAT LEAD YOU BERET-WEARING PICE OF CRAP!!"

The saddam is like "Holy Sh!t!! *turns over videos of mobile labs. Please sir, don't 0wn me"

and Bush is like "Too late..."

Edited by - brandeissansoo on March 17 2003 16:58:30

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're forgetting the part where the U.S. chooses to ignore the other dominant partners of the U.N., demonizes France for having their own thoughts and daring to express them, and basically has destroyed the entire concept of the UNITED Nations of the world by going cowboy.

And don't give me bullshit about protecting anything. In Desert Storm, Israel was bombed HOW MANY TIMES and they still withheld their counterattacks. The U.S. is on a power trip, plain and simple.

I'm not demeaning their armed forces here...I have respect for them. But the man with his finger on the trigger is NOT fit to be there.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You kicked me in the HEAD! You NEVER throw kicks! How'd you do that? Wires?!" - Sempai Phil (my last sparring partner)
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >demonizes France for having their own thoughts and daring to express them, and basically has destroyed the entire concept of the UNITED Nations of the world by going cowboy

Naw the U.N. will be around for years to come. Its not the first time they disagreed. Besides if the US pulls out is is pushed out of the un the over 40% of the U.N. military might is gone. Say what you will but we ARE the big kids on the block and we will have out way. That doesn't mean I want war, unlike most pple here a war would have direct influence on me (vargas as well) but there is more going on here than what the general public knows.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!!
    THE TRUE FIST OF THE NORTHSTAR!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 5:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but there is more going on here than what the general public knows.
    That's exactly the point. 99.99% of us are not in posession of the knowledge the President has. For the most part, we're just sitting here yelling little more than "Tastes Great" or "Less Filling" back at each other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 5:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That's exactly the point. 99.99% of us are not in posession of the knowledge the President has. For the most part, we're just sitting here yelling little more than "Tastes Great" or "Less Filling" back at each other.
    Which is a fine thing for a great many decisions that the president and his administration needs to do, but as far as going to war, the excuse "trust us, we have info about Iraq, but um, we can't tell you or anything else what it is." fails to be a reason to go to war. If everyone had all the information that the Pentagon had dureing the Viet Nam war, I don't think anyone would have supported it.

Saying nothing of the constitutional issues this raises about Bush deciding to go to war, when previously only congress has had the ability to declair war.

This is not to say that I am against War in general, or this War specificly, I just want a clear and present danger to be presented. And so far none has.

Nilroth

Posted On:
    3/17/2003 5:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're forgetting the part where the U.S. chooses to ignore the other dominant partners of the U.N., demonizes France for having their own thoughts and daring to express them, and basically has destroyed the entire concept of the UNITED Nations of the world by going cowboy.
    How about this:

France says " Dude, don't hurt them!"
    then Bush is like "But yo, he isn't doing what the UN told him to do"
    and so france is like "Dude, war is wrong"
    and Bush is like "But yo, he's gonna pull a gat if we let him have enough time"
    and france is like "We'll just tell him to stop"
    and then the UN is like "Yo Saddam, stop that"
    and saddam is like "Stop what, we aren't doing anything? "
    and then bush is like "BITCH, we know you have the stuff! Just admit it!"
    and then Saddam is like "On, we have these two rockets"
    and the UN is like "Get those the **** outta here"
    and Saddam is like "Nah"
    then bush says "I'LL 0WN YOUR ASS!!"
    and then Saddam is like "ok ok, fine we'll destroy them. *orders the construction of two more to replace the ones he just broke"
    then Bush is like "This isn't going anywhere, I'll put a cap in his ass"
    and then France is like "Noooo, we should hug instead"
    and then Bush is like "THAT'S IT SADDAM, j00R AZZ IZ MINE"
    and Saddam is like "Gimme a few more months so I can nuke Israel please"
    and then France says "yeah, give him a few more months *signs an oil agreement with saddam"
    then Bush says "STFU France"
    and France is like "Poor us, Americas are so mean"
    and then Bush points to saddam's hottest wife and says...

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/18/2003 12:15am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'Clear and Present Danger'?

Can anyone present an example of a U.S. war that was launched because of that magical phrase? Pearl Harbor? Sorry, that killed less people than Sept 11. Plus, was there any chance of Japan attacking, much less winning any battles, on the continental U.S.? The American Revolution isn't really applicable because a nation didn't exist at the time. War of 1812? Nope. Civil War? Nope, Lincoln could have let the country split and said **** it, have it your way. Spanish-American War? Please. WWI? Not even close. WWII? Mentioned above. Vietnam. Uh, that would be 'No'. Panama, Gulf War I, Kosovo? No, no and no. Afghanistan? Depending on whose intel you believe, that might have been the one conflict we fought that was actually motivated by a desire to prevent serious death and destruction in the United States. That reasoning, that muslim extremists might unleash weapons of mass destructions against the U.S., is very unique. People are still trying to get their minds around the idea that a small band of well-financed religious nuts could severly damage a large, industrialized nation. Is attacking Iraq a way to prevent something like that from happening? Honestly, I don't know. I think only time will tell. At this point, though, I think a lot of people agree that doing nothing and hoping for the best is not a very smart idea. As Tony Blair put it, if Osama or any other terrorist could kill 30,000 Americans instead of 3,000, does anyone seriously believe they wouldn't do it? How about 300,000? A million? I think the answer is pretty obvious. When nations face a no-**** 'clear and present danger', they tend to move pretty damned decisive. Right now, the U.S. is being decisive. I just wish Saddam and his sons get the hell out of Dodge and spare their country a severe ass-kicking.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast