Posted On:
    7/01/2005 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Folks, don't forget to post your reviews for SHEH at amazon.com
    At least post a review of a book that you have read. To post a negative review of a book that you have not read, is not only unethical, it's just plain *****. Besides that it may be libelous. I'm finding that half of everyone on this site are pussies.
    True civilization lies in the dominance of self and not in the dominance of other men.

Luther Standing Bear

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 5:51pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you're uninformed about the number of people posting reviews that have not read the book - we're circulating several copies and they're on their way to their second or third readers.

It is also amusing to see you lecture us on the morality of biased reviewing on Phil's behalf when a glance at the reviews shows two postive reviews - one he seems to have written himself, and another one that looks like it was crapped by some PB monkey.

Looking at the reviews, the ones that seem to be by people that have read the book and used the Truename feature are even handed and not based in stupid forum politics . . . and they are rather negative.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 5:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I believe you're uninformed about the number of people posting reviews that have not read the book - we're circulating several copies and they're on their way to their second or third readers.

It is also amusing to see you lecture us on the morality of biased reviewing on Phil's behalf when a glance at the reviews shows two postive reviews - one he seems to have written himself, and another one that looks like it was crapped by some PB monkey.

Looking at the reviews, the ones that seem to be by people that have read the book and used the Truename feature are even handed and not based in stupid forum politics . . . and they are rather negative.
    These jacks haven't read the book. I know that and so you do. At least have the honor to note that fact. Passing around a book! This raises hairs! If you don't own one, how can you be objective? I'm not lecturing you. You know I'm speak the truth. Did you read my review on this site?
    True civilization lies in the dominance of self and not in the dominance of other men.

Luther Standing Bear

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rharbers
    These jacks haven't read the book. I know that and so you do. At least have the honor to note that fact. Passing around a book! This raises hairs! If you don't own one, how can you be objective? I'm not lecturing you. You know I'm speak the truth. Did you read my review on this site?
    What? Are you trying to say that if someone mailed you the book and you read it, that somehow dosen't count?

Also, most of the people leaving reviews used their real names...it's not like anonymous people were just signing up for the sole purpose of trashing it.

So, *are* you speaking the truth?
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 7/01/2005 6:10pm at .
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:10pm

Style: Shito-ryu, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually posting a review requires only that you read a book, you don't have to own one to form an educated opinion on it.

And which review was yours? I have no doubt it was one of the 5-star ones, both of which seem to be posted with the same senseless reasoning that is ever so common on the PB boards.

Kenpo Instructor

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    . I'm finding that half of everyone on this site are pussies.

You are what you eat, call me a ***** LOL.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

Put down your purse!

Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

"For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

--"How McPherson Held the Floor"

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:32pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, bull****. . . . you know damn well you aren't the only person that's read that book. It's also possible SOME of those people come from PB or the Martialist, as well. . . the idea that every one of those negative reviews is from someone who hasn't read the book is unsuportable, and you know it.

Several of us have, and several more of us will have SOON.

Why does passing around the book or owning it have a damn thing to do with the objectivity of the book? That makes no logical sense. If anything, it SLANTS the objectivity of the book to require buying it for a review. People who aren't self publishing things actually send out copies to be reviewed, you know that right? Or are you under the impression roger ebert BUYS a lot of movie tickets?

I don't KNOW you speak the truth. I used to THINK you did, but now I'm changing my mind. I hope for your sake that this started as a game of devil's advocate, and you're only getting prickly because you got backed into a corner. . . because if you think Phil is seriously defensible, I don't know what the hell to tell you.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful Delight
    Actually posting a review requires only that you read a book, you don't have to own one to form an educated opinion on it.

And which review was yours? I have no doubt it was one of the 5-star ones, both of which seem to be posted with the same senseless reasoning that is ever so common on the PB boards.
    I know for a fact that you haven't read the book. I have not posted on Amazon. Just this site. Find it! Have you read the book? No! It hasn't had a enough time to make it to your punk ass. You are a liar!

Luther Standing Bear

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:43pm

Style: Shito-ryu, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know for a fact that you haven't read the book. I have not posted on Amazon. Just this site. Find it! Have you read the book? No! It hasn't had a enough time to make it to your punk ass. You are a liar!

Never said I read the book, Don't intend to, I haven't written a review either...

You come into the thread saying everyone who posted a negative review didn't read the book...nope, sorry bud but it seems that the reviews are generally negative...common sense wins (for once)

P.S.- My ass is actually very well toned from years of practicing back kicks, thank you very much.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    7/01/2005 6:44pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you read the book? No! It hasn't had a enough time to make it to your punk ass. You are a liar!
    What the hell are you talking about? If it's a thin book, it will ship as a letter rather than as a package, and will take only 3-5 days by regular mail, 2-3 days by Priority (for less than 5 dollars shipping), or overnight by express.

How can you even say that it didn't have enough time to arrive? Have you ever used the postal service before? Have you ever recieved a fat envelope in the mail before!?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29