Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:30pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

bullshido review requests(live)

this is a spinoff of the shorthand emptyhand thread.
    This is a thread where you can request the bullshido council to review various martial publications and such so you can let them know what you want read, and reviewed. We all know the most knowledgable and critical people on earth are here, so tell them what you want read.
    I want Omega to personally take a tour on Rick Tew's Adventure bus, it's 500 dollars at Ninjitsu.com or possibly take a few 1 week sample courses for 200 dollars each.
    and I'll also like to add reviews for anything Keith Pascal wrote on Kerwinbenson.com or advantagemartialarts.
    And review all of Matt Furey's creations. Yes I know they're all like $400 and up, but you need to pool together a collection plate.
    You will eventually have your money, if we want you to do it enough.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:54pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe when I win that WPT event.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 5:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I have Furey's Combat Conditioning and Combat Abs and I'd vote that they're worth the money. There's good stuff in there, a bit overpriced to be sure, but good stuff nonetheless.

And who's going to give Omega all this money to go check out Rick Tew? If you're going to, mind tossing me a few bucks as well? Trying to buy a new power rack.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 10:37pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    Well, I have Furey's Combat Conditioning and Combat Abs and I'd vote that they're worth the money. There's good stuff in there, a bit overpriced to be sure, but good stuff nonetheless.

And who's going to give Omega all this money to go check out Rick Tew? If you're going to, mind tossing me a few bucks as well? Trying to buy a new power rack.
    Actually, if anyone is going to check out Rick Tew, shouldn't it be you and me? We're the ones he accuses of hiding behind paper and tradition after all.

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 1:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much(estimate) do you think Matt Fury's **** is worth? What about results(that you got) from using it? Creativity? Think you could find the same stuff elsewhere? Do you remain faithful to it like traditional TKD, or faithful like MT? Is it a cure all? What's the diet like vs. the excercise? How would you rate the individual sections on a scale of Gary Bucy to Pamela Anderson(1-10, or the reverse if you like that kind of thing)? These are REVIEWS, give the public what it wants!

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 1:59am

Style: fu power

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shaolin Master Killer aka 36 chambers of shaolin, one of the msot ifnluencial movies ever to martial arts.

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 3:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think going to Rick Tew's would be like attending a TKD class. Overall it's not beneficial, but it's fun as hell, and you get to beat on weak people.I would go(If I had a shitload of money to spend). And isn't that what Martial Arts are all about? Your not supposed to go to Martial Art classes to learn how to defend yourself, your supposed to have an expensive daycare place for your child, while he improves his memory(by memorizing forms) and learns to dance correctly to bands like Prodigy and Godsmack. He can also learn to chop lumber with his hands and earn fashionable belts to hold up his pants gangsta style yo! It's not only for children though, as you as an adult need a workout comparable to golf, to ease you into middle age, we all know golf is natures way of telling you "You should be dead." It's also a great stress reliever. I know when I get mad I chop down a tree with my knifehands and whittle wood furniture for the little kiddies. Lying to the misses by telling tales of how you would end a streetfight can also increase her libido and you can begin an excercise of a different type. I personally believe that most streetfights could be ended if someone just kicked the other guy in the face. Just my thoughts on how Martial Arts should be.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 11:04am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much(estimate) do you think Matt Fury's **** is worth?

I'd say about half of what he's charging. He's charging like $50 a book, I'd make it like $20 a book.

What about results(that you got) from using it?

I got a surprising amount of flexibility out of using them, and did build a lot of strength with them. The handstand push-ups helped my pull-ups a lot, and I did put on a small amount of muscle using them (not that much to be highly noticeable though).

Creativity? Think you could find the same stuff elsewhere?

There was a lot of things I hadn't seen anywhere else, but I knew at least 25% of them. His approach was different from how I learned them however, I never thought about the breathing aspects or how he goes about doing some of them.

Do you remain faithful to it like traditional TKD, or faithful like MT?

I do a few calisthenics every day to wake up, but I'm nowhere near into it that I was.

Is it a cure all?

Made me more flexible, so in that respect it does help.

What's the diet like vs. the excercise?

The diet was just a simple no-starch diet, one I've been off and on for years so nothing surprising to me.

How would you rate the individual sections on a scale of Gary Bucy to Pamela Anderson(1-10, or the reverse if you like that kind of thing)? These are REVIEWS, give the public what it wants!

Overall, I'd give it an 8 or 9. It's great for martial artists and those in combat sports who aren't trying to gain too much weight, but if you're looking to put on some good weight it won't do that for you. Definitely worth checking into however.

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 4:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you koto, i'll probably check into it once i get some money from my new garbage collecting job. Anyone else review something? A piece of machinery advertised on tv? A program? Something on tape? a book? I still haven't got the full dynamic tension review from tae bo master, that would be nice.
    Yes you heard me right, I'm a high school dropout garbage collecter, I guess SOMEONE'S predictions came true.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    The handstand push-ups helped my pull-ups a lot, and I did put on a small amount of muscle using them (not that much to be highly noticeable though)
    I used to do a bunch of those when I wrestled in high school. I never noticed it having any effect on my pullups. It's interesting to me that they helped your pull ups. A body builder buddy of mine swears that the military press helps his pull ups, and I've never understood why.

Please educate me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast