Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Educational television

Okay last night I was flipping through the channels and I come across ER: Life in the someshit. Okay, thats not the title. But its close. It is one of those RL emergency room shows, not the drama.

And H O L Y S H I T I saw some nasty.

It appears someone's brother in law attacked this dude on his riding lawnmower.

...and bit his fucking ear off.

Sucker punched him in the eye and then bit him like a dog. As the wife/girlfriend explains he bit him grrr grrr grrr *shaking head back and forth* like a dog.

They remove the bandage and this dude's ear is literally hanging on by a little piece of skin like 2cm wide. Bit his ear almost completely off.

Lets step back a moment. I know that in a self-defense situation ANYTHING GOES. I have bitten people. I have headbutted. I have kicked people in the nuts. I pulled hair. I've pulled shirts over heads. I've thrown objects. But I have never bitten a facial extremity off.

I have talked about it. But seeing this **** up close I kinda wonder. Seeing the severity of this wound I could not watch to see if they would be able to re-attach with success. Now being primarily a grappler, people think that I am susceptible to biting and eye gouging. Taking it the other direction I could also employ these tools easier than a striker. Think about it, you gonna jab, cross and nosebite? No, grapplers can do it better and easier.

Think about it, grapplers WILL get the better position. Whether it be to strike, to submit, or to bite facial extremities a grappler will be able to bite more effectively from better positions than an untrained non-grappler.

Then think about 'winning' a fight. I know a lot of people envision thier mythical streetfight as they display an awesome prowess of technical savy while they dispatch thier foes to the hordes of adoring fans and swooning women. They envision thier triumph and the stories they will tell. But seriously...can you imagine biting someones ear completely off....and then bragging about it?

Personally I can't wait til some punk eyeballs me wrong. They're gonna nickname me Mad Dog~

Grrrr Grrrrr Grrrrr!!!!

BACK OFF! I'LL BITE YOUR FUCKING NOSE OFF! GRRRR!!!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is the Mike Tyson variant of Monkey Snatches Peach. A sure fight ender.

PL

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? A grappler is better equipped than an FMA practicioner who trains how, when, and where to bite? I'd bet that there are some Filipinos who would disagree with you.

I'll grant you that a grappler could more easily get into a dominant position on the ground and then bite. I seriously doubt that the grappler would out-nasty an FMA practicioner unless the grappler is cross-training. Why? You fight the fight for which you've trained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Biting is not something that requires some kind of secretive inner-circle initiation.

FMA have a lock on biting? How do you train it? Hang a piece of meat from a rope, hit it with the sticks, stab it once, and then bite it? How/when/where to bite? C'mon get real. This is some common sense ****. And just because you do FMA doesn't somehow automatically make you more d3adly or apt to use them.

But yeah. A grappler who bites is gonna own anyone, FMA included.

Out-nasty? LOL. Everyone can bite and gouge. As illustrated above, Tyson and some redneck on ER do a bang up job without any training whatsoever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 5:55pm

Style: BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nasty...

I wouldn't want to win a fight (KO/submission) at the expense of the above-mentioned ear mangling or loss of eyesight. While a trained grappler will be in a better position to bite/gouge, a key point is that either party has the option in that range. Also, somewhat ironically, the trained grappler is probably the least likely to attempt a bite/gouge.

I remember when first being taught the keylock from mount, my instructor made a point to have us keep our heads low and turned away from the opponent. That simple turn of the head will save your ear/eyes while you put the bad guy down.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 6:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was never led to believe that I would use BJJ for 'STREET SELF DEFENSE' any more than I would train how to bite someone or train how to use bottles, rocks or other **** lying around to do someone in. That takes some real paranioa.

None of that constitutes well-adjusted legal behavior.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 6:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why would a grappler be less likely to bite than someone else?

Have they not spent more time in this range, been more familiar with possible attacks, and thus more likely to have experience with them?

I am feeling especially froggy today and will argue anything with anyone and continue to believe I am right, regardless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 6:36pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a grappler might be less likely to bite unless a) the other guy tries it first or b) the fight gets desperate.

Biting's bad - gets all feral and ****. I think the worst thing I've ever heard of is tearing someone's nose off by jabbing your index and middle finger into their nostrils and peeling the nose up their face like a banana peel. So imagine pinning someone so they know they're helpless and then tearing their nose off. No, I haven't done it.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 10:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Due to the grappler's training in "the grapple," it only makes sense that a grappler would be far superior to the non grappler in executing highly advanced biting techniques. Such as the "Nut lock" or "Testical clamp."

Personally, I have never learned a biting technique.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 11:09pm

Style: BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Why would a grappler be less likely to bite than someone else?

Have they not spent more time in this range, been more familiar with possible attacks, and thus more likely to have experience with them?

I am feeling especially froggy today and will argue anything with anyone and continue to believe I am right, regardless.
    ;)
    Given all the possible things you could do to the guy, getting a mouthful of flesh and blood certainly isn't high on my list. Unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
    On the other hand, someone untrained in grappling doesn't have too many options:
    1) Flail
    2) Stick finger into orifice (the other guy, not his own.. unless, of course, he's into that sort of thing)
    3) Bite anything nearby
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast