Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:07am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TKD players: please critique my performance

I've got a 82meg video of my last TKD competition if anybody wants to see it. I'm not asking if I'm on my way to be an ultimate fighter or anything, so please assess this on the merits of a WTF match. I don't mind for anybody to see this, but please, if you're just going to flame me about doing WTF or anything, don't download it because it's on Yousendit and there's a limited number of downloads.

To Danno and Osiris: this is the match I was talking about in my "Push Kicks" thread. It really doesn't look like much, I know. I can do a lot better than this, but hindsight is 20/20. I really gassed out in the last 30 seconds; my footwork just really went dead and I was really struggling. Just goes to show what a huge difference there is in sparring and actual competition I suppose. Anyway, here's the clip.

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...L0TBY293FDSQH2
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 4:34am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have to make excuses for yourself in the prelude, it's probably not worth downloading.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 5:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not posting this to show off how deadly my TKD skills are. I'm just looking for some constructive feedback from people who are more experienced than myself. I don't know if the competition videos of most people would be worth watching for entertainment value, but we all can't be superstars.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 5:21am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    looked to me as though you need to figure out some kind of defense against push kicks that doesnt involve standing there and getting hit.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 5:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I was trying to clinch up and stall, and fight at my own range. I think I was trying to go in when I should have been trying to go around.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You were the guy in blue, right?

I'm not a TKD guy, but...

I could see you really get tired about 2/3 of the way through. You started taking hits you should have been able to avoid, and I think that that was because of fatigue.

That being said it looks to me like a huge improvement could be made just by staying really relaxed throughout the match, so as not to prematurely enter an exhausted state.

See, coz towards the end, you just kind of stood there and took a lot of body blows. I think that I saw exhaustion and negative emotions behind that more than anything else.

So, the one thing I really think would make a difference is staying more relaxed.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 6/21/2005 12:13pm at .
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 1:08pm

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only been training for about a year and a half, but what seemed to be the problem at the end, when he unloaded on you was you weren't keeping your distance right. Were alway taught to keep enough distance between us and the opponent where there's no way his first kick can hit us.... and when we move in or he moves in that distance you attack and get out. It could be the fatigue outlined above, because you were winning the match in the begining, it looked to me... until you started standing around and not keeping the distance between yourself and your opponent.

Push kicks don't acore points unlsee they move you or knock you down usually. All you needed was a little back step or side step.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 1:17pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    - avoid entering clinching with punches
    - I noticed you stay in closed stance, block, then kick the back as your opponent switches to open stance, instead double round house hitting the gut scores more than kicks to the back
    - Same with chaos range you need to double roundhouse more, get busy in this range this is where your going to win or lose, a backkick in this range will stop re-establish range.
    - cut kick to keep your range, your opponent was coming straight in
    - throw backkicks with more conviction and power
    - More power period less light kicks more sharp kicks, a lot of hits were taking place but they won't be awarded if they have no power, also this will conserve your energy better
    - to stop the front/push/cut kicks you can backkick or cut- roundhouse, or simply side step then double.
    -in clinch range raise one leg so the bottom of your leg crosses both his legs so he can't do much, also you can exit at an angle and get the jump on the attack
    - pushing kicks rarely score so if he hits you and you backkick chances are you'll get points and he won't
    -work on instant counter attack RH, and step back RH, and Step back double

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 1:22pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://sports.kbs.co.kr/vod/vod.php
    free 40 min video of korean high school TKD championships

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 2:00pm