Chemist

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 8:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Anyone I've ever known who went to one felt great immediately afterwards, then about a week later was in just as much pain as before. That's made me think, that they are bogus.
    not here
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Anyone I've ever known who went to one felt great immediately afterwards, then about a week later was in just as much pain as before. That's made me think, that they are bogus.
    Yeah, that's sort why I was told to see a chiropractor only once, just to break the initial spasms, then head to a massage therapist for the longer term work.

<Insert something clever here>

Posted On:
    11/17/2004 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Currently a BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by j416to
    Yeah, that's sort why I was told to see a chiropractor only once, just to break the initial spasms, then head to a massage therapist for the longer term work.
    Understandable.

Kage,

Maybe I'm surrounded by Quacks. I wouldn't know ofr sure, since I'm never felt the need to go to one.
    :qleft1: :new_cussi :qmickey: :evil7: :XXcat: :XXfish: :5crackup:

Too sick and broken to train

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 1:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Because they are "holistic" and "natural"? Who knows? People just want to believe that mainstream medicine is inherently evil, so they find any alternative viable.
    Not evil, simply morons. I had a problem and I went to my regular physician, who basically told me that there was nothing he could to, and to start shopping. I'm not a person to sit around and wait for things to happen to me, though, so I tried a naturopath, who pretty much figured out the problem, used quacky little magnets to test it, and .. ****, he does sound like a quack. Anyway. He gave me some meds, suggested a 'natural' supplement to help the symptoms and voila, it was gone within a couple weeks. Yes, I know it sounds like utter bullshit. No, I don't really understand how it works. Like, he would have me push on his arm, and then he would put a magnet over the organ that wasn't functioning properly, and I was a fucking weakling. I could barely hold my fucking arm up, much less push on his. He moved the magnet, and had me push again. I moved it just as much as I did the first time. Regardless, I'm still kinda skeptical of "natural' doctors in general, but can't deny that they work at treating underlying problems, as opposed to symptoms.

Anywho ...

Chiropractors can fix backs, that's what they're meant to do. They can't fix the flu or a broken leg or what hve you, but mine can make my back feel a LOT better. I routinely pay Mr. Chiro a visit after I get dumped and he can help out my back oodles, and I also take my event horse to a horse chiropractor. It serously makes a huge different for him. I wouldn't trade my massage therapist or my chiropractor for anything. Well, especially being that my massage therapist is my best friend that's in massage school that practices on me. :icon_mrgr
    You're just JEALOUS!

Chemist

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 1:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sometimes I think there are bad chiros like bad mechanics. They'll fix you up for a little bit, but make sure something else is wrong so you keep coming back. I've been pretty lucky. I don't like going unless I absolutely have to, and both times (couldn't move my head) I did.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    sometimes I think there are bad chiros like bad mechanics. They'll fix you up for a little bit, but make sure something else is wrong so you keep coming back.
    You'll like this:

B.J. Palmer, son of Chiropratic founder D.D. Palmer

Our school is on a business, not a professional basis ... We manufacture chiropractors... Give me a simple mind that thinks along single tracks, give me 30 days to instruct him, and that individual can go forth on the highways and byways and get more sick people well than the best, most complete, all around, unlimited medical education of any medical man who ever lived.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Genius

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 7:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I know it sounds like utter bullshit.
    It was. Your testimonial only tells me that there really wasn't anything wrong with you at all, that you only believed yourself to be sick. In those cases, a naturopath can work wonders, but so can magic, going to church and sacrificing chickens.

Some MD's are morons, but that one that didn't diagnose you with having a physical problem wasn't.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hold up- people go to chiros for things like colds? do you guys live in a country full of fucking retards or something, i have never heard of anyone going to a chiro for anything other than back pain/neck pain etc.

as for me- about a year ago when i started muay thai, I couldnt do roundhouse kicks because of the searing pain in my hip. couple of chiro visits and it stopped hurting, but the muscle was still a little tense. now im almost normal. the whole thing cost me about 30 dollars (thats 15 american dollars) and she also did some crackin on my spine and neck as well as a massage. i felt like a million dollars afterwards. definitely worth it.

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    hold up- people go to chiros for things like colds? do you guys live in a country full of fucking retards or something, i have never heard of anyone going to a chiro for anything other than back pain/neck pain etc.
    Yup. People go to Chiropractors for colds, Accupuncturists for high cholesterol, Rolfers for osteoporosis, Reflexologists for impotency, etc. If I could find the actual numbers, you'd be shocked.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2004 9:28am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I crack my own back regularly before Judo practice, and it helps immensely, so I'm not saying chiropractic is useless.

On the other hand, the two chriopractors that I went to seemed ... well...

Chiropractor #1: Let me see your insurance. Oooh. I'm going to need to see you here ... twice a week for at least six months for regular adjustments. Because you have, uh, subluxions of the spine ... here.

The other one was kind of like cold reading ---

Chiropractor #2: "Do you have any back problems?" "Yeah, I have a herniated L4/L5.." "Ah! Yes! I can see that! Because your spine is crooked ... here!" He similarly wanted me to come back for readjustments, well, constantly. So he could bill my insurance.

Maybe I've just had a bad run with chiropractors.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast