Sponsored Links Spacer Image

rawr

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 3:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey hedge do you ever go to any of the noon-2 classes? those are the ones I'll be able to make.. went for my free one today and had a great time. Phil is an awesome dude and everyone was TOTALLY cool and laid back.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 3:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    HOLY **** SECRET IDENTITY BRGLBLRBLRBRURGLE

I am the blue belt you rolled with, and jesus kiddo, relax, it's your first day at BJJ, no need to whip yourself while screaming "Impudent Strumpet!" and/or quoting shakespeare. For a newbie, you were doing good.

The fist to throat is a pretty standard choke in BJJ, though the entry I did was rather gimmicky. I'm still coming down from grappling gimmick month so if you'll forgive my use of Matt Hume's "Tiger Claw FtT".

Actually, "fist to throat" is a bit of a misnomer, I found. It's better if you get the side of the neck with the fist and either tie up the other side (no-gi) or sink your hand deep in the collar (gi) to cut off the blood vessels on both sides it's less strength based, at least for me.
    So YOU'RE the devious bastard!!! Yeah, I noticed how you really sunk it in when your fist was more over my carotid than my windpipe. Hence the tapping.

You didn't like the Shakespeare quotes? :icon_joke I really ought to try something like that next time I roll. I did think it was cool how you could calmly talk to me about what I was doing wrong the whole time I was doing it. Now if I can just pay attention to what you are saying next time...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 3:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Nobones
    Phil is an awesome dude and everyone was TOTALLY cool and laid back.
    That's what I thought, too. Enough to want to go back. Or maybe I just want to go back because of my sado-masochistic tendencies.

So Maestro, are you still training in TSD as well?

rawr

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah. Phil used to teach out of the PTSD school I attend, and our basic grappling curriculum is pretty much white belt level no gi BJJ. Phil came highly recommended by my senseis and since I want to push my ground game up a notch, I've decided to crosstrain with Phil.

I like my TSD school way too much to give it up though.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 10:57pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Had my first experience with BJJ at vale tudo the other night as well. I too am sore, and I smelled like something crawled under my skin and died from rolling around on the floor, but whew damn what a workout.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123