Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 12:56am

Style: Dan Zan Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    many have said that, but my professor herb lague does siminars all over the world and we have schools all over the world, plus we are still growing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 1:37am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, McDonalds isn't exactly the healthiest food out there yet it's still all over the place.

Popular =/= good

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 3:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah but mcdonalds is cool and taste good, this isnt exactly a load of fun. it gets boring sometimes. i never met a person who thought we didnt know what we were doing, and have you ever heard of a Dan Zan Ryu mcdojo. you could teach the five basic lists and still be better than most places( jujitsu wise).

plus do you really think that someine who chooses not to let thier lower belt rank students do sparing makes them have a mcdojo?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 3:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    1: The only person who can demonstrate the effectiveness of wristlocks is a 4th degree BB.

did i say the only one who could do it effectively was a 4th dan, i dont remember saying that.

4th dans would just be my first choice for a cocky person who thinks he knows anything about wrist lock counters.

you assume too much :5bye:

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 3:55am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brahman
    yeah but mcdonalds is cool and taste good, this isnt exactly a load of fun. it gets boring sometimes. i never met a person who thought we didnt know what we were doing, and have you ever heard of a Dan Zan Ryu mcdojo. you could teach the five basic lists and still be better than most places( jujitsu wise).
    Shoulda...sent...a...poet...
    plus do you really think that someine who chooses not to let thier lower belt rank students do sparing makes them have a mcdojo?
    Technically it's a Bullshidojo, but you're probably getting dicked both ways anyway.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 8:47am

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brahman

Never heard of Dan Zan Ryu until you popped up here. Have heard of wristlocks, spent about a decade doing them. Teach 'em to cops. Got a little old man with about 30 years experience who will say what I said. Know a pair of honest to god certified police H2H instructors (don't recall the acronym du'juor on it) who will say the same thing.

And yes, I will say that someplace that doesn't let their lower belt ranks spar is a mcdojo, unless you give a blackbelt within a month or two of walking in the door.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/08/2005 6:30pm

Style: Daito Ryu, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Danzan ryu curriculum it self is not bad, but the training varies from school to school. I spent 4 years in the system. My school did not spar at all. Spent lots of time learning techniques in 2 man kata form. The system contains a good mix of standing jujitsu techniques, about 25-30 basic judo sweeps/throws, and some ground work (kimura, triangle etc.) Unfortunatly, as we know unless you train with aliveness/hard contact all the techniques in the world will not help you. I did meet one Danzan ryu school that did train with resistance/hard contact and spent a fair amount of time working on their grappling skills. I believe Asia also spent some time learning the system. I would llike to hear his imput. Like a lot of JJJ, it tends to focus on the self defense side of combat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2005 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was a little harsh in saying there was NO sparring, we are prevented from free sparing, using all thge moves we are taught. the sparring is pretty limited until blackbelt, which i here is a lot more intense.

but until green which takes about 6-9 months to get to, all forms really are discouraged.

maybe it is bad place, but i like it, and of all the places i found in reno it is the best.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/09/2005 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzei
    I did meet one Danzan ryu school that did train with resistance/hard contact and spent a fair amount of time working on their grappling skills. I believe Asia also spent some time learning the system. I would llike to hear his imput. Like a lot of JJJ, it tends to focus on the self defense side of combat.

there is a place in newyork which i hear is totally hard style about it, but i remember what the school was called.
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930