Posted On:
    6/29/2005 6:54am

Style: Ryokukai Aikibudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    This thread makes my head hurt, but just to keep things straight:

Quote -- Actually, Itai means "pain" -- End Quote

No. Itai, your screen name doesn't mean what you think it does. Thaiboxerken used it correctly, you didn't.
    No, numb nuts - Itai means pain.

As in...
    hurts – …ga itai
    Hurts constantly – Taezu itai
    Hurts sometimes – Tokidoki itai
    Extreme pain – Hageshii itami (same kanji)
    Dull pain – Nibui itami (same kanji)
    Sharp pain – Sasuyona itami (same kanji)
    I have muscle pain - Kinniku ga itai

Or as Thaiboxerken's Mom says, "Mono wo nomikomuto itai (物を飲み込むと痛い)" followed by "Hainyo suru toki totemo itai (排尿するときとても痛い)" and let's not forget her favorite mantra... "Kagamuto itai(かがむと痛い)"

J/K

Actually I got it from...
    Budo wa itai - (which is what my teacher says after someone suffers an injury during training.)

-Itai
    Last edited by Itai; 6/29/2005 7:08am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 8:27am

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Itai -- **** off, you're wrong. Your own examples show where you're wrong and further discredit you.

"Itami" is not the same word as "itai," whether they contain the same kanji or not. If you had even basic knowledge of Japanese structure and grammar you would know this.

Furthermore, the base of your "knowledge" -- "budo wa itai" -- does not mean "budo is pain."

You're an idiot. Bye-bye.

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 8:45am

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    During the MMA you tried one from under mount.

Again, this is not to say you did badly, but I am using this as a technical example and a counter to the HARGBLARGLEGLARG POWER OF AIKIDO VVRRRRRBRRBRBRBRBRBLLL HIDDEN ATEMI TO SET UP NIKKYOU LGGERGERGRGRGRL STREET STORIES, M.A.P. style anecdotal, cultural fetishist love in our new friends have got going on here.

However my face was rocked by the puroresu.
    Ok, that seems likely, I probably tried a bunch of crap I don't recall when jockying for position, I even remember an ill-advised gi chocke from under mount at one point.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 10:34am

Style: Ryokukai Aikibudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Itai -- **** off, you're wrong. Your own examples show where you're wrong and further discredit you.

"Itami" is not the same word as "itai," whether they contain the same kanji or not. If you had even basic knowledge of Japanese structure and grammar you would know this.
    Noodle: You **** off. It is you that don't know what the **** you are talking about. The examples I gave are fine. Japanese is difficult to translate into English and is open for quite a bit of interpretation, if you had even basic knowledge of Japanese language you would know this.

Anyway, how does me being correct about Japanese language discredit me you punk ****. I'm not an expert on the Japanese language and I never claimed to be. I really just know enough to get by in a dojo, afterall this isn't a Japanese language forum, it's a martial arts forum.

What I am pretty good at is getting people to tap using techniques that are of Japanese origin. So pony up to the mat sometime there tough guy, I'll throw, pound, choke your ass into submission - explaining how I'm teaching you respect in Japanese the whole fucking time.

Your a disrespectful slack-jawed ****. Bye-Bye,

-Itai 痛

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 10:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These intellectual tet-a-tet's, really warm my heart.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Itai -- yes, your examples are fine, in the sense that they clearly demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about.

As does your subsequent statement that "Japanese is difficult to translate into English and is open for quite a bit of interpretation." How, exactly, could you interpret an adjective as a noun?

As for you discrediting yourself -- you've said things about Japan and the Japanese language that are indisputably false while implying that you are an authority on the area. You've compounded your mistakes by trying to correct people who know more than you. I'm not the only one who's caught you out either, but you haven't responded to the others.

Oops, maybe I've offended you and you'll beat me up. How scary and original -- threats on an Internet forum.

By the way numb-nuts -- your "Japanese" signature is missing a character.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:37am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    These intellectual tet-a-tet's, really warm my heart.
    It makes me rock hard.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLuv
    do you still do aikido or did you just stick with judo?

nice story btw. unfortunately, people still don't think wristlocks are effective--the guy harassing your student wasn't trained in mma.
    I was trained in wristlocks because I studied JJJ for a number of years. However, I don't really have much confidence in them unless the person you're doing it to dosen't know what you're doing.

If the person dosen't know what you're doing and the conflict hasn't escalated yet you might be able to get the lock quickly and damage the wrist before he knows what is happening.

But, if the person either knows about wristlocks, or has started attacking in earnest, it's easy for him to yank his hand away and just beat on you since you've got two hands down trying to make the wrist lock happen.

Basically, wrist locks seem like they'd be useful for surprising someone who hasn't really started fighting yet (eg., mischievous groper who isn't expecting violence). But, if a fight has started, it seems like they'd become self-defeating since they'd be really hard to execute and would leave your head open big time to power hits.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BatRonin, etc. -- sorry boys, that'll be the last from me on the subject here. Itai, if you want to continue proving yourself wrong, how about doing it on another thread? (Or better yet, let it drop. You're arguing an unwinnable point.)

Genius

Posted On:
    6/29/2005 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itai
    Or Thaiboxerken, to quote another senior Bullshido member...

Actually, Itai means "pain" which is what I will inflict on you should we ever meet in person... and don't worry I promise to get a wristlock. :spanky:

-Itai
    Wow, telling a japanese guy what itai means. What's next, are you going to invent a new japanese language? If we ever meet, i'll place my arm out there and let you try to wristlock me.
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 6/29/2005 12:04pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.