Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Perhaps his point is that wristlocks can work on an untrained opponent that doesn't expect one.
    IF I HAD A WISH TO CONTINUE TO BEAT UP MONGOLOIDS I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE DISCREET AT THE YMCA AND REC CENTER

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itai
    A wristlock will work if done properly, just like a finger lock, or a kneck crank or whatever else. The trick is knowing how and when to apply the technique.
    Spinning heel kicks to the head work too if you're lucky so what's your point? There is a difference between what "works" and what "works reliably." Standing wrist locks are very easy for people to avoid. In fact what sucks the most about them is the defense is so natural that even totally untrained people know how to do it: Pull your hand away really hard and/or punch the person in the face with your free hand. It's so simple it's frustrating to people who spend years working on perfecting their standing wrist lock skills. I've only reliably gotten them when I have the person secured on the ground.

If a martial artist cannot get it to work it is because of his/her own error and lack of training and experience.
    Naturally! Funny how you don't hear people complaining all the time that right hook punches don't work, or arm bars don't work, or rear naked chokes don't work, or shin kicks don't work, etc.
    Last edited by katana; 6/27/2005 4:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 4:53pm

Style: Ryokukai Aikibudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said that the situation I mentioned took place in a bar... it didn't.

Like I said before, I can get wristlocks to work in real life.

As far as proof goes, I'll put it this way. If what I do didn't work, I would be in serious trouble. People pay me and some of the other Ryokukai Yudansha to fly to Japan, all expences paid to teach Japanese martial arts for months at a time. As a Gaijin teaching indiginous Martial Arts in Japan, challenges from local fighters are always a concern. Fortunately, thus far I have received nothing but respect.

Maybe after I get back from Japan in September, I can work with some other people to organize a Detroit Throwdown...

- Itai

Genius

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a Gaijin teaching indiginous Martial Arts in Japan, challenges from local fighters are always a concern. Fortunately, thus far I have received nothing but respect.
    Shut the **** up, japan isn't a place where these dojo/sensei challenges happen all of the time. The fact that no one has challenged you doesn't mean ****. The japanese are a very respectful and courteous people, even to those they don't like. They would show you respect even if they thought you were a fucking idiot.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 6:39pm

Style: Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thaiboxer, jesus crhist shut the **** up.. All ive ever seen is you post **** about crap you just pull out of your ass. Things that you have obviously read somewhere, things you have watched on TV, etc. there have been PLENTY of times that kids who want to be Yakuza follow around out of towners, or just white people and when the local yakuza is around, beat the living **** out of you for no reason. Just shut the **** up, please. Stereotyping a whole fucking country is stupid, shut up.

I blew up a frackin' star!

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 6:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Shut the **** up, japan isn't a place where these dojo/sensei challenges happen all of the time. The fact that no one has challenged you doesn't mean ****. The japanese are a very respectful and courteous people, even to those they don't like. They would show you respect even if they thought you were a fucking idiot.
    You have quite ability to talk **** on the internet, yet convinently ignored the opportunity to see them applied against resisting opponents yourself.

Also, I don't think anybody here said that wrist locks were used as counters against punches. I know that I sure as hell wouldn't try to counter a boxer with a wrist lock. I usually apply them when somebody grabs me (or tries to).

Genius

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 7:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stereotyping a whole fucking country is stupid, shut up.
    The generalization is based on experience and fact.

I happen to have been born in japan, lived there and have visitted japan a few times. I think I know just a little bit about the japanese people. Maybe it's because i'm half japanese.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 7:28pm

Style: Genbukan Ninpo Bugei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So fucking what? To say that whats-his-face is making it up is dumb. You're not there, its entirely possible. Although I do agree with you, for the most part they will smile at you and then flick u off when u turn your back. Literally and metaphorically.

Genius

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 9:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To say that whats-his-face is making it up is dumb. You're not there, its entirely possible.
    It's impossible, no. However, the fact that people treat him with respect has more to do with the Japanese than is skills as a wrist lock master.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2005 9:19pm

Style: Ryokukai Aikibudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to clear things up.

When Ryokukai Yudansha teach our style of "Aikido" in Japan, it is often done at other Budo dojo's, usually Karate.

The reason being that my teacher was All Japan/Asia Karate Kumite Champion in 1967, and he still has several friends that run Karate dojo's in Japan, including his brother and daughter.

We go around to the dojo's that we are invited to and assist our teacher in propagating his style of Aikido, which is considered to be one of the "hardest" styles of Aikido. Ryokukai Aikibudo is really a mix of Aikido, Karate, Judo, Sumo, and Taido.

Anyway if you think that things can't get heated or hostile, you are dead wrong.
    Siphus is correct, Yakuza punks and wanna-be's are all over the place, looking like they got something to prove - although honestly there are other more immediate concerns that I choose not to discuss in this forum.

Thaiboxerken:
    I agree that the Japanese culture is one based on respect. It is one of the reasons I love it so much. But just like America fosters a culture based on diversity and free speech, in the real world it dosen't always work the way it should.

Just because you are half Japanese, or you went and visited the homeland once or twice to see your grandparents or something, isn't the same as a white guy walking into a hardcore Karate dojo in Okinawa and trying to teach Aikido - which is what I'll be doing during the last week in August.

So Thaiboxerken, to quote your brilliance in a previous post... "Shut the **** up."

Sincerely,
    Itai
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 21222324 ... LastLast