Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 12:03pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

ultimate black belt test!

Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    My Kajukenbo green belt test was twice as long and hard as my Kyokushin bb test. KK had five kata, Kajukenbo fifteen. Both were free. I invited local bbs to spar for the Kyokushin test and a Kajukenbo bb opened up my cheek with a lead left. No blood was shed for the green belt test."
    Bah, my black belt tests were hardest of all. I was dragged across broken glass, fought 100 mountain gorillas in NHB cage matches, then had my balls pounded flat with a wooden mallet.

I'm not sure what this last part had to do with anything. Maybe it was a chi test of some kind. :zicon_ram

-daGorilla

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Roberto Traven BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Bah, my black belt tests were hardest of all. I was dragged across broken glass, fought 100 mountain gorillas in NHB cage matches, then had my balls pounded flat with a wooden mallet.

I'm not sure what this last part had to do with anything. Maybe it was a chi test of some kind. :zicon_ram

-daGorilla

Were you naked? Did the gorillas try and feed you "banannas"? Was there a rear mount test? :3some:

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 12:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuan
    Were you naked? Did the gorillas try and feed you "banannas"? Was there a rear mount test? :3some:

No, that's my next test, which (according to our curriculum) also includes Panther Kicking (enter cage, kick panther, escape cage) and The Hippopotamaus Toss (self-explanatory).

-daGorilla

Loving Father

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

-daGorilla
    Black belt in zookeeping??
    btw - good thing you don't train bjj. . .you would've failed tha broken glass part!

`~/

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 3:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that's my next test, which (according to our curriculum) also includes Panther Kicking (enter cage, kick panther, escape cage) and The Hippopotamaus Toss (self-explanatory).

-daGorilla

Please film it.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    That kempo karate tradition is still carried out in some of the old-style kemp/kenpo and kajukenbo schools here in Hawaii. He tested in kajukenbo. He's been training in it for 9 years.

(You're from Canada, so I'll let you go this time. . .-*lol) A bull ring is a circle of others intent on doing you harm Most times, the ring stays in position, and attacks you one at a time. In my son's case, the one testing chooses the parameters, and the instructor may refuse them - so to wait until the next year. He chose 20 minutes, and/or 70 techniques. The bull ring consisted of 12 bb's, 1st-3rd degrees that continuously circled him, and attacked at random: 1, 2, or 3 at a time. And, YES, he is supposed to defend himself. It is unusual for the testing person to not get pounded in the test, as everyone testing him is better than he is. the purpose is to see how he faces adversity, how he adapts to the environment, and how he adapts his techniques to the ever evolving and changing situation. This, after he has already verbally and in written form demonstrated he knows everything required of him for his shodan.

If he passes. At Promotion night each bb above him will have a chance to pound him the way you described. This will even include their highest ranked gm's and professors who are able to make it, and at least two of the founders of their art, Sijo Emperado, and Frank Ordonez.

`~/
    Thank a lot for being easy on me.I am Kanadian,AAAAAAAAH!

Good luck to your son passage .I hope he gets it if the sparring was that intense.

I must admit Kempo schools around here don't get a lot of respect.There are either soft groups that are into Point Sparring OR Crazy guys who call themselves Black belts but don't know the basics or katas of there style who promise you a BB anyway just for showing-up.

But I promisse if a Kajukenbo ever opens up here I will actually give the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 6/22/2005 4:38pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Thank a lot for being easy on me.I am Kanadian,AAAAAAAAH!

Good luck to your son passage .I hope he gets it if the sparring was that intense.

I must admit Kempo schools around here don't get a lot of respect.There are either soft groups that are into Point Sparring OR Crazy guys who call themselves Black belts but don't know the basics or katas of there style who promise you a BB anyway just for showing-up.

But I promisse if a Kajukenbo ever opens up here I will actually give the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah it is ggod to that some schools have not followed along the path of darkness that alot of Kenp/Kempo schools have. Must be something in the water supply for Hawaii. :new_smile

Genius

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuan
    Actually most of what I did was wushu. I doubt very many MMA guys performed compulsory NanChuan. THe school is a lot more MMA now.
    In other words, you learned wushu while your instructor moved on and learned how to fight.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 4:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    In other words, you learned wushu while your instructor moved on and learned how to fight.

Ok what is it with you?
    I see Muay Thai and Jun Fan listed under your style field but no MMA. If you criticize me for putting WuShu as my style when you think it should be MMA well that is your problem.
    If we sparred full contact is that not learning to fight?
    I have moved on from doing contemporary WuShu but I still practice traditional (KungFu if you must) WuShu.
    Just because I go onto learn more arts does not mean that I have to forget where I started from. Did you do that when you started MT? Did you forget all you learned in Jun Fan?
    I moved on as well but I still practice my WuShu. Why? Why not.

Loving Father

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    6/23/2005 5:10am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Be careful of what you wish for. . .
    here are two, go give them the benefit of the doubt!
    Sijo Emperado, and Professor Emperado have visited
    at least one of these schools. . .I'm not sure which.

Academy d'Arts Martiaux Culturelle
    121 St. Catherine Street West, #301 Montreal, Canada H3Z-1S2
    Chief Instructor: Philip Gelinas
    Phone # (514) 281-9928
    http://www.montrealmartialarts.com/e.../kajukenbo.HTM

btw - Philip Gelinas is also a Dog Brother ("Sled Dog," I think)

Baralis Kajukenbo School
    7025 Cote-St-Luc Montreal, Canada H4V-1J2
    Chief Instructor: Costas Baralis
    Phone # (514) 761-3547

Canuckajukenbo?
    :toothy9:
    `~/
    Last edited by Meex; 6/23/2005 5:39am at .
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast