Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut
    Yes she would and this thread is going to a very dark and evil place if we continue to discuss breastises, especially the Queen's breastises.
    Yeah!
    You guys get off it, already!
    :new_scatt
    `~/

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 2:23pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Ahh. . .it's cold. So 36c becomes 31c in the cold. . .
    gotcha!

*slinks away*

`~/

ps: I object to being called an ignorant american.
    That would make me a Southerner, which I am not.
    :qgaraduat
    31 c isn't real cold. It's like, 87. Mr. Not A Southerner :gwbdance:
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    31 c isn't real cold. It's like, 87. Mr. Not A Southerner :gwbdance:
    Damn. . .I almost had her reeled in, yo'
    she was feeling sorry for me. . .
    she couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid. . .
    it was working really well,
    but, now you blew it for me. . .
    :icon_cry:
    `~/

You must pay! I will haunt you after I die!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha

The part that I find ironic is that Phil is resorting to personal attacks rather than dealing with the questions I'm asking. This coming from the guy who's motto is that an idea should be judged based on its own merits rather than on the person who proposed it.
    What did you expect from a fascist?
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:19am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Angry Spastic, I have felt that way too at times. Some times, I feel sorry for Phil, I mean it is really quite sad when you think about it. He combines insecurity for his own safety with arrogance in his own mental abilities.
    Don't you mean menial abilities?

Another problem I have with him is how he runs his forums. He says that trolling is not allowed but that only applies to people he disagrees with. He can troll against people; his friends can troll people, but if anyone fights back, if they will not bend or compromise, Phil bans them. The way he runs his forum is intellectually dishonest. In fact, he has turned his forum into a Phil Elmore admiration society by banning anyone who strongly disagrees with him.

However, the intellectual dishonesty does not end there. Phil sets himself up as an expert and then says that he is not an expert, and therefore you cannot challenge his experience. He wants it both ways. He wants to “understood” as an expert on self-defense but does not want the type of scrutiny such a title brings.

Before I started taking Judo, I had an intellectual streak of the Phil. I thought that a willingness to do anything in a fight would protect me against someone who was a real fighter. Once I started training I realized that there are people out there who are REAL fighters! The more I train the more I come to realize that I have a lot to learn. Phil does not think he has a lot to learn, he has convinced himself that he knows it all. He thinks that he can see threats coming and thinks that he can deal with them. He has combined ignorance with arrogance, which is a dangerous combination. So I do not hate Phil Elmore…I pity him.
    I encourage everyone to do a bit of research on fascism, you'll come to realize that phil actually embodies this demented philosophy.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 4:02pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now that he's embraced self delusion and basically even denied poached sheh from WC, in his own words, I'm pretty much giving up on him.

The thing is, I even agree with him about a lot of second amendment stuff, combative mindset type things, but he's just . . . silly. Like his thread about bullying a waiter, or his threads about teh homeless menace.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 8/10/2005 4:21pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 7:40pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those type of threads are what's getting me in trouble there. I've pointed out that even though I agree with a lot of the ideas he spouts in principle, his execution of them is more akin to a schoolyard bully than a self-confident, assertive, grown adult.

I think I'm done there anyway.
    I wasn't banned, but I don't know what it's called when you're driven away by sheer bullshit and stupidity.

Of course, Phil's guys would say the same thing about this site. The difference is that they'd be wrong.
    The people here may jump on your ass and beat the hell out of you, and they may not be the most courteous while they do it, but by and large they're open to being convinced by well thought-out arguments backed with examples and sources. That's why I love you guys. :zlove:
    Last edited by Bugeisha; 8/10/2005 7:42pm at .

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 9:36pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha
    I love you guys.
    :flipando:

No PDA please.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 8:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Now that he's embraced self delusion and basically even denied poached sheh from WC, in his own words, I'm pretty much giving up on him.

The thing is, I even agree with him about a lot of second amendment stuff, combative mindset type things, but he's just . . . silly. Like his thread about bullying a waiter, or his threads about teh homeless menace.
    Bullying a waiter? Isn't strange how he only goes around "intimidating" folks he knows won't touch him. Sad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 5:29am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    I am not banned. I've only posted three times, and all three times were in off topic subjects. I do not plan on posting again. However, I still check PB every couple days or so almost solely because of Dan Webre. If you have not read this guy's maniacal rantings, you are cheating yourself of quality entertainment. Webre is a raving lunatic. He makes Phil look pretty normal and mundane in comparison.
    Is that the guy with "Zombie" on his avatar?

Damn, this thread suddenly got popular while I was away!
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast