Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 2:09pm

Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why Phil annoys me so.

Alright, I'm a very recent member and got here because of Phil. I was poking around the internet and found his site. I read a few reviews and thought "ok, not bad, I've read worse equipment reviews." Then I got to the other stuff, the techniques, the stories, the panhandler phobia (which is barely guised racism and racism is fear + ignorance) and that was it. I researched and found him to have questionable training, bouncing around, leaving training and it's hard to pin down how long he's trainined etc etc. Reading his "Site" you'd think he's M. Ayoob/Mr. Spec. Forces. In my web surfing on him I stumbled here and have liked it.

Here is what I truely think of Phil, he very well may have Cerebreal Narcissistic Personality Disorder http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html look at that and let me know what you all think. I'm not a mental health professional I've just a science education background so take it with a grain of salt.

In short Phil's narcissism is annoying to deal on a personal level with but with him spewing biased, incomplete "information" on the web he's promoting fear, paranoia, anti-social behavior, a hypervigilant xenophobia and questionable technique at best.

my two cents

-Brian
    Last edited by FMA_Brian; 8/06/2005 6:31pm at . Reason: typo

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 6:27pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The amount of **** myself, Phrost, Osiris, Omega, Asia, Manchu and other staff have taken is intense around here. Like I said, how many MA boards out there could you call the sole female member of the staff a **** and NOT get banned? Could you make racist comments directed at other staff and just be warned the language would be deleted? Could you take the piss out of the SITE'S FOUNDER AND OWNER about his politcal beliefs over and over and not be banned?

No amount of "my site, my rules" makes up for -- like Phrost said -- the intellectual dishonesty of promoting only one side of an argument. It's very like most the liberals I know: full of tolerance and love till you disagree with them. Then they want you DEAD.

For the record, I NEVER trolled PAX. I had 10 posts, on I think 3 threads. One of them, one of Phil's lackey's was AGREEING with my stance about physical fitness (it's better to be a fit fighter) and he still axed ONLY my posts. ON another, the most argumentative thing I said was something like: "Well, that point seems pretty obvious and I've doubt any of you are stupid. I guess I just couldn't see why it was needed."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 7:05pm

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree only with Phil on one point...well two actually.

1. Regardless of how lameass everyone thinks it/he is, PB is his property and he can do whatever he wants. Personally I do think its very one sided and wouldn't run a board that way myself....the freedom to speak, regardless of how much it pisses off the powers that be is one MAJOR reason I post here on Bullshido more than anywhere else. But I don't take any of it (PB rules.regs) too seriously...it is just his board and his buddies. There are some interesting topics and informative pieces, but there are also some that suck ass or are so one sided as to seem contrived....but that CAN be said about any board that is dominated by a majority, particularly if the board owner/moderator is of that Majority.

On a side note, props to Phrost for setting BS up and not banning folks that disagree with him....its plenty o fun so far.

2. Anyone who comes strictly to troll should be banned. Now I don't agree with Phils definition of what constitutes trolling (but again his ****, his rules), but even here at BS people show up to do nothing but post ****, be it bored kids, idiotic religious whackos or whatever. Those folks do detract from intellectual debate, simply because thats all they are here to do, not to offer a different opinion. I do like BS method of troll elimination though.....either Trollshido or flame those sad bastards off the net.

Cheers :chewy:

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 7:08pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nobody's said Phil can't run his forums any way he wants to. But lying about how you run them is bullshit.

And saying "dissent is tolerated here", when all evidence points to the contrary, is a flat out fucking lie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 7:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Nobody's said Phil can't run his forums any way he wants to. But lying about how you run them is bullshit.

And saying "dissent is tolerated here", when all evidence points to the contrary, is a flat out fucking lie.
    I will agree that I do question to what extent dissent is tolerated there. In Phils own words, if you disagree with the majority, you're in for a flaming that you are not allowed to respond to without getting banned. He said this is because if you came to the board and immediately started to disagree, your intention upon joining must be only to disagree & **** disturb. THAT assumption is what I find fault with. It allows the moderators/owner to justify turfing any or everyone who disagrees as a troll.

That said, I'm not going to cry if he bans me from PB or if I get banned from any/all of the boards I visit. I'm here to discuss/argue/enjoy MA related topics....I'm @ Bullshido (and originally e-budo) particularly to watch out for frauds and phonies. I don't want any fake bastards popping up in my backyard. McDojos are bad enough without the fat-white grandmaster koga ninja from canada appearing in my area. <Although that would give me the opportunity to test my low kicks versus koga deadly street skills> :icon_wink

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 7:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDChick, what is a good area of Canada to visit for someone who enjoys the cold and wrestling?

And "****" is an ABYSMAL word. Used by bogans.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell is a bogan?

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    some downunder word like pufta (sp?). . .

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 11:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bogan=Degenerate person who pollutes the gene pool, causes crime, drinks cask wine etc, beats up defenceless people... technically more a Southern Australian word than a Queensland one.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/07/2005 2:11am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, I was right!
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314 LastLast