Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2005 1:43am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm going to defeat you with a deadly mixture of Aikido, Ju Jitsu and Krav Maga! Now, grab my left elbow with your right hand and extend your arm!"
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/05/2005 2:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will get flamed to the extent that a lumber puncture will seem like a sweet carress, but here goes:

I have a soft spot for Phil. I KNOW what it's like to feel afraid and be made fun, attacked, patronised, intimidated etc because of difference. I know the urge to arm oneself (and have done so).

What I don't understand is why he doesn't occasionally concede and say "Yes I need more training, yes stuff should be simple and involve maximum damage to opponent in shortest possible time at least risk to self, no I should not pose with Asian stuff and patronise all the wonderful cultures of the East and contribute to the vile illness of Orientophilia" and why he feels the need to justify his writing ability and such.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Yes, he is witty and actually quite decent and reasonable regarding me when I E-Mailed him explaining my disability.

I would happily show him around Brisbane and introduce him to lozza martial artists (Asian and other) , boxers and wrestlers and even brawlers who would be happy to help. The same goes for any member of Bullshido (except for that bigot Meager, who needs to put up or shut up.)

And I apologise for lashing out and KFSS all those years ago. It was unprovoked and I MUST urge KFSS to seek therapy and medication before his vigour eats itself up like stomach acid on a starving man. I speak from experience here.

That being said,

I WILL exercise my rights to defend myself by whatever means necessary.

(Am being properly medicated and treated ATM)

And sorry for the shitfighting Osiris. I respect you as a fighter, a man and a member of a minority.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/05/2005 3:03am

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A_Spastic:
    *snif*
    That was beautiful, man. . .
    Not to flame ya, but it is another side of you
    you don't often show online. . .
    *sniffle, sniffle*
    :toothy9:
    `~/

Posted On:
    8/05/2005 11:36pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Angry Spastic, I have felt that way too at times. Some times, I feel sorry for Phil, I mean it is really quite sad when you think about it. He combines insecurity for his own safety with arrogance in his own mental abilities. He takes himself so seriously and at the same time believes his own cosmology to be metaphysically perfect. This makes him ripe for satire.

Another problem I have with him is how he runs his forums. He says that trolling is not allowed but that only applies to people he disagrees with. He can troll against people; his friends can troll people, but if anyone fights back, if they will not bend or compromise, Phil bans them. The way he runs his forum is intellectually dishonest. In fact, he has turned his forum into a Phil Elmore admiration society by banning anyone who strongly disagrees with him.

However, the intellectual dishonesty does not end there. Phil sets himself up as an expert and then says that he is not an expert, and therefore you cannot challenge his experience. He wants it both ways. He wants to “understood” as an expert on self-defense but does not want the type of scrutiny such a title brings.

Before I started taking Judo, I had an intellectual streak of the Phil. I thought that a willingness to do anything in a fight would protect me against someone who was a real fighter. Once I started training I realized that there are people out there who are REAL fighters! The more I train the more I come to realize that I have a lot to learn. Phil does not think he has a lot to learn, he has convinced himself that he knows it all. He thinks that he can see threats coming and thinks that he can deal with them. He has combined ignorance with arrogance, which is a dangerous combination. So I do not hate Phil Elmore…I pity him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 12:21am

Style: Byakuren Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Olorin & All,

I questioned Phil on that very point...why its not ok to disagree....but rather than reword it, here it is cut & pasted from PB :

PHIL:
    Someone who shows up at this forum to play the role of Contrarian, who then gets offended and insulting when others take issue with his views, is trolling the forum. I don't go to Michael Moore's forum to tell his members why they should vote Republican -- and if I did, I'd have to accept a fair amount of grief in order to do so without trolling his forum. I allowed "Special K" as much rope with which to hang himself as I allow most everybody. I warned him several times. You cannot come here, spew ridiculous opinions about arms prohibition, and then insult the members of this forum when they tell you to get stuffed for expressing those opinions. If you come to a forum for the express purpose of dissent, those are the terms you must accept.

ME:
    I want to make sure I get what you're saying...If I am anti-gun (which I am not) and I express my opinion as such here, then I have to accept members telling me to get stuffed, but I cannot say the say to them?
    This can't be what you meant can it?
    Kinda defeats the purpose of having a discussion if only one side is allowed to offer their opinion...so I gotta have misread this somehow.

PHIL:
    The burden of diplomacy is on the dissenter, within reason. In a discussion forum devoted to armed self-defense and related topics, one who comes to the forum for the purpose of disagreeing with the prevailing sentiment of the forum must accept a certain amount of resistance -- just as I would if I went to Michael Moore's forum to tell the members there what morons they are. If you come here simply to start fights by saying things you know will be unpopular, you're playing the part of Contrarian Troll and you're not looking to do anything but disrupt the site.

That said, we have many posters here who've disagreed regularly with that prevailing sentiment but who have not endured much in the way of grief for it -- because they've expressed their opinions in a reasonable, intelligent manner. If you start spewing nonsense among people who know better, they're going to call you on it. If you then start insulting them for daring to do so, I'm going to ban you.

Dissent is tolerated here. Intellectually honest discussion and even heated debate are encouraged. Trolling is not tolerated, however.

-----

After that I conceded his point, which is basically its his forum and his rules. As such he can run it as one-sided as he likes, or as open as he likes. I post on things that I want to and ignore the incredibly stupid things I don't.

Cheers

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 1:05am

Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I do Kali too, Brian. I'm getting REAMED by Phil.
    You'd better get dinner and a movie and that doesn't mean McDonalds and a rental (I bet Phil is cheap).

-B

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil is reaming JKDChick?

The.... Lucky..... BASTARD!

CANADIAN CHICKS FOREVER (even if they do break hearts!)
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 12:38pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarson
    Dissent is tolerated here. Intellectually honest discussion and even heated debate are encouraged. Trolling is not tolerated, however.
    Yes, but he often defines "trolling" as anything that differs from his opinon or calls his credibility into question. He banned his own instructor for saying he had no business writing a book on the martial arts for ****'s sake.

You can say you're for "intellectually honest" discussion all day long. But if the record shows you've banned even one person for disagreeing with you on the subject of discussion, you're full of ****.

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 1:12pm

Style: Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I didn't find nowhere else to put this in.

Posted On:
    8/06/2005 1:23pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the ****... please tell me the message on that coffee cup is intended to be facetious. He deserves the title "Sensei" about as much as Tommy Nitro does.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast