Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    wow some dude form auckland types the word ******, and the whole thread stops. its just a word kids.
    No, it's not. Sure, it's a word. But it is much more than that.

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 2:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What PD said.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 3:21pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by punchingdummy
    No, it's not. Sure, it's a word. But it is much more than that.
    i think what you are saying is that this particular word has an extremely negative connotation. it conjures ideas of hatred and bigotry.

that really was true at one point. now ******/nigga is a regularly used word in some circles.
    i realize there is a double standard, and i, as a white guy, shouldn’t use this word. so i don’t. but i still think its just a word.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FLAMING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG ****** HAS NEGATIVE CONNOTATIONS!!!! HOW DEARLY I WISH I WERE ON AIM SO I'D HAVE THE *GASP* EMOTICON AT ARM'S REACH. LET US INSTEAD CELEBRATE OUR DIVERSITY UNDER A MULTICOLORED RAINBOW OF QUILTS AND FLAGS AND BUMPER STICKERS, READILY ASSURING TOTAL STRANGERS THAT WE DO NOT ENDORSE SLAVERY AND TOTALLY WOULD'VE MARCHED WITH DR. KING

I ALSO PROPOSE WE NOT USE OTHER WORDS WITH NEGATIVE CONNOTATIONS SUCH AS ****, EXTERMINATE, ****, HATE, DEBT, MINUS, DIVIDE, SCHISM, FUNDAMENTALISM, LIBERAL, SPADE, COLORED, LISA, OR POMPEII. IN ADDITION LET US LIBERATE OURSELVES FROM WORDS THAT ARE AT "HIGH RISK" OF FORMING NEGATIVE CONNOTATIONS SUCH AS "CELSIUS" AND "DUTCH".

ONLY AFTER WE HAVE DONE ALL THIS CAN WE HUNT DOWN THE CLOSEST BLACK PERSON IN OUR AREA, SLAP THEM ON THE BACK, AND SAY "HEY HOW ABOUT THAT SLAVERY I COMPLETELY DIDN'T ENDORSE? IF ONLY I HAD A TIME MACHINE AND A LINEAGE DATING BACK TO THE RICHEST PARTS OF THE SOUTH 140 YEARS AGO"

ONLY I WOULDN'T SLAP HIM ON THE BACK BECAUSE I'M MADE OF LAVA

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 4:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^Valid points.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 4:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a gay, black, disabled lesbian, I am mortally offended by LAVATORR's comments.

Yeah okay, let's not fill up a billion pages with this race issue. An ill-considered post, perhaps, nothing more.

Yeah, this was the New Year event, wasn't it? Didn't one of the other Gracies fight too?
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 4:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Mick_
    i think what you are saying is that this particular word has an extremely negative connotation. it conjures ideas of hatred and bigotry.

that really was true at one point. now ******/nigga is a regularly used word in some circles.
    In some circles, yes. But it is more than simply a negative connotation. Outside of those circles it is an invitation for violence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 4:44pm

Style: TKD, JKD, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how does a gracie video thread turn into a argument about the "N" word?

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    love this fight. Just like the Early UFC’s, it’s a total setup to showcase Jiu Jitsu. Same people too, even big John McCarthy is there. Pit a grappler against a kick boxer, and you end up with a very one sided ground fighting “chess match”.

The omaplata is something that I was also able to use successfully at the last Throwdown. Sinking it successfully on an “average” person usually requires securing their lower body by placing a hand across their back and sliding to the side. However, Akebono seemed to be anchored by his own girth. Rolling out of a submission is presumably not part of Sumo.

Another effective omaplata defense, is to get your feet under you and deadlift your opponent, sending them flipping over in spectacular fashion. This would make countering a lighter opponent’s omaplata much easier. But if you don’t know the counter... you’re finished.

So in summary... The omaplata is a low-percentage submission when used against a skilled opponent. This fight was just another classic battle of grappler vs. striker... of course BJJ wins again.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol at all you girls getting upset by saying the "n" word. I keep forgetting how racist americans try not to be. I am a middle class white guy with glasses, and this is an INTERNET FORUM. for the record "****** please" is used pretty often round here when talking to anyone. because we like to take the piss out of american culture. sorry if that offended any of you closet racist Rodney King bashing elitests.

and no, this post doesnt make any sense. MUCH LIKE YOUUUUU
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast