Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 11:38pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

K1 Hiroshima GP

Sapp won if you don't now.

Now I'm not a big Sapp fan - honestly I haven't followed his career much but the last 2-3 times I have seen him fight his heart just hasn't seemed to be in it. Not to mention his conditioning.

I missed all of the show except the final fight. He looked much much better then he has in previous fights. Of course I think they stacked the deck to give him a win since they want him and the giant Korean guy to fight but still - his punches were a lot cleaner and more focused rather then just haymakers - his conditioning was lightyears better then it has been in any fight I've seen him in - and he actually threw a kick!

Oh well, honestly I think with his natural gifts (and possibly chemical gifts as well - but you can't chemically get the bone structure that guy has) if he gets his heart into it he could be a force to deal with.

I'd still rather watch Giant Silva fight though - big goofy bastard at least looks like he wants to be in there and is trying to learn even if the only thing he has going for him is his freakish size...

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt see Sapp losing this. hes a talentless behemoth, but hes a fucking awesomely powerful one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 4:37am

Style: none at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woopty doo, so now we have 3 freaks going to the finals, Sapp, The Korean guy and Semmy Schilt. Who's next Lou Ferrigno?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 4:54am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayate
    Semmy Schilt.
    He's not a freak, he's Dutch, they just grow 'em that size. Besides which, he's an acclompished MA and has been for quite a while. Yes, he's huge, but he fought his way up instead of getting a "You'd look nice in our freak show."-ticket.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 9:40am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Semmy was 8 inches shorter you probably wouldnt have ever heard about him. that makes him a freak, imo. hes only there because hes a fucking tower. slightly more talented than the rest of the freakshows (actually I think Sapp could take him) but still another sideshow.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm must strongly disagree with you on that one Ikken. Following your logic, Michael Jordan wouldn't be anything special if he couldn't jump. While that may very well be the case, he COULD jump, much like Semmy is tall and coordinated and has a devastating jab.

The guys beaten enough known fighters that I find it ludicrous you find him a freak. Did he bang your mum or something on Holiday?

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 7:55pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Semmy is going to eat Sapp alive. Jerome Lebanner had Sapp bent over almost crying during the kickboxing portion of their fight at New Years (that fight really convinced me Sapp's heart just isn't in the fight game).

Now the big Korean is a whole other story - I heard he can actually fight even if he is a bit slow. And he's big and strong enough to stand toe to toe with Sapp. Since I didn't see that K1 though I have no idea how he'll do.

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 8:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Wood
    Of course I think they stacked the deck to give him a win since they want him and the giant Korean guy to fight
    Are you talking about the Japan GP?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido