**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    Then again, should we really expect knowledge of nihontou from Mr. Kim?
    Didn't he appear with some Chinese sword in one of his earlier books, despite claiming to teach a Japanese art?

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Ofcourse not. Kim/Hunter/Davis has been proven a fool so many times it hurts. I proven that he doesn't understand Japanese, chinese, or Korean and only plagarizes things on the terms he uses. (which got me banned) A good friend of mine totally exposed him on his BS on AK's old message board. He asked simple questions that ANYONE who spent some time in Japan should know and he couldn't answer anyone of them. AK tried to site that he was there along time ago and didn't remember. Then someone brought up the Ninja muesuem and pple mistook it as a training camp. My friend tried setting them straight but Kim argued with him even after my friend linked to pics of him at the muesum and meeting with the muesum founder. Bottomline he's been FOS all along.

What's hysterical is that some people thought the ninja museum was a training camp. Where do they get off thinking that in Japan there are ninja training camps in the first place?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 6:48pm

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, i have that sword he's totin, my girlfriend bought it for me.

I dunno why anyone would do anything but use them for display, if mines anything to go by the blades aren't even well mounted. Tis why i dont leave any of my friends in the room with it, cos i know they'll probably give it a swing.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only exception to the shirasaya is one or two models from Paul Chen, I believe. I saw them today while browsing a store in New Hope, PA.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Sardonic or Sarcastic?

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Filipino Kun Tao, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You admit to browsing stores in New Hope? Were you antiquing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I would so do Buttsecks.

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 8:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went for the swords, of course. The only functional swords they seemed to carry were Japanese, unless I missed something. They did have a nice knife display. The cashier's "rack display" was nice as well.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 8:40pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kistrael
    The only exception to the shirasaya is one or two models from Paul Chen, I believe. I saw them today while browsing a store in New Hope, PA.
    Most big functional replica sword makers will sell you a blade in shirasaya if you want to do your own mounting. But I'd think that (with the exception of Paul Chen) you'd probably have to ask special for them. Some idiot kid who's watched too much anime and thinks that shirasaya is real koshirae would get someone killed very quickly.

Of course, I've never understood the desire of so many parents to let some anime-obsessed kid buy a real, sharp shinken anyway. But over at SFI, we get those posts all the time. "HELP OMG KAN U HELP ME? I NEED TEH POLISHAR BCUZ I ATTAKED A TREE IN MY YARD AND I HAVE KNIX IN MY BLADE!! HOW AM I SUPPOSD TO BEAT TEH BAD GUYS??!?!?

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 9:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most big functional replica sword makers will sell you a blade in shirasaya if you want to do your own mounting. But I'd think that (with the exception of Paul Chen) you'd probably have to ask special for them.
    I figured as much for bare blade transportation. In the store they had a high-end case with 20 or so models of Paul Chen and Cold Steel. They had a Paul Chen Bamboo Katana on display in the high-grade case, as well as a shirasaya, which I forgot to ask about. I'm assuming it's functional, but I may be wrong.

Of course, I've never understood the desire of so many parents to let some anime-obsessed kid buy a real, sharp shinken anyway. But over at SFI, we get those posts all the time. "HELP OMG KAN U HELP ME? I NEED TEH POLISHAR BCUZ I ATTAKED A TREE IN MY YARD AND I HAVE KNIX IN MY BLADE!! HOW AM I SUPPOSD TO BEAT TEH BAD GUYS??!?!?

It's nice to see another swordforumite here. I rarely post on SFI, since I only own a KC Korean.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 10:15pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, KC is functional and nice. No shame in them. (I own a naginata II).

I wouldn't trust that bamboo katana. I'd think it'd probably slip out of your hands without some sort of wrap or something on the tsuka.
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast