Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:04am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning

Come one, come all, see how many different pictures we can link or otherwise post of Ashida Kim, Chris Hunter, Radford Davis, unmasked on this thread.
    Because I can:

I , a lowly kyu-grade, can correct the great martial arts "master" Ashida Kim on his iai. First, he will not cut anything from that posture. With all his weight back he'd be lucky to even push an arm out of the way with any resulting cut. Second, his "obi" (belt) is completely wrong. A rank belt will not hold a katana well enough to do iai. Finally, his arm is fully straightened and he is in no position to begin sayabiki (pulling the saya off the final part of the katana during a draw). I would hypothesize that if that were a real sword and not a piece of stainless steel junk, he would have split the koiguchi (mouth of the sheath) open and sliced his left hand clear to the bone.

I wonder if his 10,000 challenge covers a tameshigiri competition.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katana
    The sword he has is a cheap replica. I bought one in Tennesee exactly like it for about $19. You can have one too from here (click to enlarge the picture to look at the handle/saya and compare to Kim/Hunters/whoever's sword):

http://corporate.marketworks.com/sto...mpid=76&dfid=1
    My god, it looks like a steak knife.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

**** you math class

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by katana
    The sword he has is a cheap replica. I bought one in Tennesee exactly like it for about $19.
    Do you go around buying crap swords?

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
    Do you go around buying crap swords?
    Begin thread derail.

I only wanted the saya for something I was working on. It was much easier to buy one and modify it then make it myself.

End thread derail.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 2:56am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can find three of his ebooks on his server.
    Yes, I know Secrets of the Ninja is free, but Hands of Death and Ninja Mind Control are not. They are good for a laugh.

Page 44 ninja hands of death
    1 . Go by the name by which the enemy addresses you, unless that is different from the identity or pseudonym which you have told him. Be familiar with the details (date of birth, identification numbers, and so on) of your alter ego and maintain that character in the face of any attempts to make you confess otherwise.
    He is his own worst enemy.
    Last edited by Don Quixote; 7/04/2005 11:36pm at .

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 4:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    I , a lowly kyu-grade, can correct the great martial arts "master" Ashida Kim on his iai. First, he will not cut anything from that posture. With all his weight back he'd be lucky to even push an arm out of the way with any resulting cut. Second, his "obi" (belt) is completely wrong. A rank belt will not hold a katana well enough to do iai. Finally, his arm is fully straightened and he is in no position to begin sayabiki (pulling the saya off the final part of the katana during a draw). I would hypothesize that if that were a real sword and not a piece of stainless steel junk, he would have split the koiguchi (mouth of the sheath) open and sliced his left hand clear to the bone.
    Also note how he´s holding the belt in place to show the name on it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 8:14am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the shirasaya katana. Someone should inform him that's just for display, and he's about to fling the blade out of the handle and impale some random passer-by.
    Accutaly a shirasaya is not for display. Its for STORAGE. Basicly you put a blade in one and put it away while the laquered saya and other fittings are being made, repaired, etc. Pple often mistake shirasaya as "cane swords" (ala Zatoichi) but that is not the case. A "cane sword" is a properly mounted blade in a disquised saya (minus tsuba of course) since everyone pretty much knew what a shirasaya looked like and what it held it wouldn't be much of a disquise now would it?
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:43pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL ASIA
    Accutaly a shirasaya is not for display. Its for STORAGE. Basicly you put a blade in one and put it away while the laquered saya and other fittings are being made, repaired, etc. Pple often mistake shirasaya as "cane swords" (ala Zatoichi) but that is not the case. A "cane sword" is a properly mounted blade in a disquised saya (minus tsuba of course) since everyone pretty much knew what a shirasaya looked like and what it held it wouldn't be much of a disquise now would it?
    D'oh. I knew that too. :)

Yeah, I can imagine how useful a shirasaya would be as a walking stick, since it's curved to follow the sori of the blade. "Oh, nothing, Mr. Samurai sir... this is just my handy-dandy curved walking stick! Pay no attention!"

Then again, should we really expect knowledge of nihontou from Mr. Kim?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    D'oh. I knew that too. :)

Then again, should we really expect knowledge of nihontou from Mr. Kim?
    Ofcourse not. Kim/Hunter/Davis has been proven a fool so many times it hurts. I proven that he doesn't understand Japanese, chinese, or Korean and only plagarizes things on the terms he uses. (which got me banned) A good friend of mine totally exposed him on his BS on AK's old message board. He asked simple questions that ANYONE who spent some time in Japan should know and he couldn't answer anyone of them. AK tried to site that he was there along time ago and didn't remember. Then someone brought up the Ninja muesuem and pple mistook it as a training camp. My friend tried setting them straight but Kim argued with him even after my friend linked to pics of him at the muesum and meeting with the muesum founder. Bottomline he's been FOS all along.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 1:46pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bwhaa haa haa haa haa.......... :lol:
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast