223979 Bullies, 4389 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 10:31am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now there's an example of a good first post. Much better than "Hay guys what do you think of TKDROOFLE".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 12:50pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone ever just gone to his school pretending to be a prospective student? I know this tactic has been tried with other Mcdojos before and I'd be really interested to know what a bullshida kim class consists of. What if he doesn't really have students anymore? Maybe he just posts on his own boards using different names... Anyone in florida curious?

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 12:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone knows his school address it'd be a start...
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:22pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for all the feeback, guys.

There are a few things I have to note. Some of you have criticized my plan for being totally unnecessary, because Ashida Kim comic relief and nothing more. This is Bullshido, dedicated to EXPOSING the frauds in martial arts. Kim is one of the biggest martials arts frauds out there. Also, if people are willing to go as far as to write to him personally accepting his challenge and even take money out of their savings account to challenge him, you'd think that the idea of filing suit against him wouldn't seem so ridiculous to some people.

Kickcather and co, I really think that the UK system must be different then that in the US or something. Kim is in fact the offeror, not the person taking up the challenge. In order for a person challenging him to be the offeror, they would have to approach Kim and say something to the effect of "I will give you my house if you will fight me." In the actual case, Kim is offering people to fight him for $10,000. The terms in his offer are very clear. Kim is the offeror and anyone applicable to take him up would be an offeree. Your toothpaste example is a valid one, but there is more to it then what you mentioned. A shop owner selling goods is an offer for anyone with capacity to purchase. Your right in the fact that he is not obligated to sell it to anyone right away, however, once someone accepts the offer to buy this toothpaste, and then the store is obligated to sell it to you. A retailer cannot deny a person sale without just cause (although obviously a lawsuit over a tube of toothpaste wouldn't go to court, being too small of a claim). Whenever someone with capacity accepts an offer, the offeror becomes the obligor (as they are obligated to execute their offer) and the offeree becomes the obligee (as they are the one receiving the good or service). I am curious though, is "invitation to offer" really a law term in the UK? It sounds redundant to me, but I could be wrong.

Kim doesn't actually have to accept the $10,000 right away to be obligated. Sure, he'll have to take it eventually, but once again, legally an offer can only be revoked before valid acceptance. Laws such as this prevent discrimination (IE “I am selling my boat, but will only sell it to white males” - would not hold up in court if a minority was in capacity and wanted to buy my boat.) If someone accepts an offer in a valid manor, then you are obligated to execution.

I hope that this sheds some light on things.

I do like the 'visit his school with a video camera' idea too though. Where is Ashida Kim's school located? We could search the net for legitimate martial artists in that area and find someone to pay his McDojo a visit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there are 8 listings for a radford davis (his real name) in winterhaven, FL. His website doesn't give an address for his school (probably in a garage or backyard) but people wishing to train should write:
    The DOJO
    P.O. Box 209
    Lake Alfred, Florida 33850-0209 USA
    or email:
    DojoPress@aol.com
    according to his website.
    Whitepages.com wasn't too much help.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hint: he doesn't have a public school
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But that doesn't mean someone can't go for an introductory lesson right? It might be useful for the ongoing sam browning investigation anyways...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Nathan McScary]Thanks for all the feeback, guys.
    Kim is in fact the offeror, not the person taking up the challenge. In order for a person challenging him to be the offeror, they would have to approach Kim and say something to the effect of "I will give you my house if you will fight me." In the actual case, Kim is offering people to fight him for $10,000. The terms in his offer are very clear. Kim is the offeror and anyone applicable to take him up would be an offeree. Your toothpaste example is a valid one, but there is more to it then what you mentioned. A shop owner selling goods is an offer for anyone with capacity to purchase. Your right in the fact that he is not obligated to sell it to anyone right away, however, once someone accepts the offer to buy this toothpaste, and then the store is obligated to sell it to you. A retailer cannot deny a person sale without just cause (although obviously a lawsuit over a tube of toothpaste wouldn't go to court, being too small of a claim). Whenever someone with capacity accepts an offer, the offeror becomes the obligor (as they are obligated to execute their offer) and the offeree becomes the obligee (as they are the one receiving the good or service). I am curious though, is "invitation to offer" really a law term in the UK? It sounds redundant to me, but I could be wrong.

Kim doesn't actually have to accept the $10,000 right away to be obligated. Sure, he'll have to take it eventually, but once again, legally an offer can only be revoked before valid acceptance. Laws such as this prevent discrimination (IE “I am selling my boat, but will only sell it to white males” - would not hold up in court if a minority was in capacity and wanted to buy my boat.) If someone accepts an offer in a valid manor, then you are obligated to execution.

I hope that this sheds some light on things.
    /QUOTE]

Your analysis is correct in some respects and wrong in others. You are correct regarding the acceptance. Once the money is tendered there has been an acceptance. This would include simply dropping it in the mailbox (i.e., the "mailbox rule").

However, you are incorrect regarding discrimination. I could sell, or not sell, my boat to whomever I want for whatever reason I want. Anti-discrimination laws are completely disctinct from contract law, and one has no bearing whatsoever on the other. But once again, reality and theory are very different, and I've already told you why your plan wouldn't work. However, I still give you an "A" for effort.

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think kicking the crap out of the ninja, then, would accomplish much more than just sueing him.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 10:35pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't some guy from the Sherdog forums acctually put up the $10,000 out of his own pocket to fight Ashida Kim.

To which Kim backed out and banned said individual from his message boards saying that he was too old to fight and didn't want to fight against someone that could legitimately win the fight and that was about 60 years younger than Kim claims to be.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast