221274 Bullies, 4509 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

RIP MMAGear.com?

All reports seem to indicate that Brazillian mixed martial arts dealer is out of business. However, according to several sources, their website still processes payments for the equipment.

Bullshido is helping to get the word out about this issue so that nobody loses any money while they resolve their problems, or take down their website.

From another forum:

We are hearing reports that MMAGear is out of business. We know that the Brazilian government trade organisation Procon are on their case and we have heard a ton of recent reports that they are not delivering (although seemingly still taking money!).
    I tried to contact them on two occasions including contacting the owner Bruno Lapenda on his personal email. I checked their site because of something one of our customers told me and saw that there has been no updates for ages and a lot of their brand stock is down to zero.
    Hijacked for news by Phrost
    Attached Images  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2005 6:55am

Style: BJJ/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could be a dirty blow below the belt by a competitor. I guess it's safest to wait and see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2005 10:04pm

Style: Jun Fan JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ordered 1 week back and still have not got a reply. Should I cancel the order?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 5:52am

Style: KickBoxing, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes.

THEY ARE TAKING MONEY AND NOT SHIPPING ORDERS.

They have stolen $60 + from me and there is nothing I can do about it as i live in the UK and paid via Paypal.

Paypal sucks balls bigtime. They give you this false sense of security telling you your payments are covered but when it boils down to it the always find some slimey way of getting out of refunding you. I have twice been ripped off through Paypal. "We have tried to pull money out of their bank account but theres none in it.....theres nothing else we can do.."

The only plus point was that they assured me mmagear.com could no longer take money through Paypal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2005 12:39pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_jonson
    Yes.

THEY ARE TAKING MONEY AND NOT SHIPPING ORDERS.

They have stolen $60 + from me and there is nothing I can do about it as i live in the UK and paid via Paypal.

Paypal sucks balls bigtime. They give you this false sense of security telling you your payments are covered but when it boils down to it the always find some slimey way of getting out of refunding you. I have twice been ripped off through Paypal. "We have tried to pull money out of their bank account but theres none in it.....theres nothing else we can do.."

The only plus point was that they assured me mmagear.com could no longer take money through Paypal.

PayPal sucks big time. I refuse to order from any vendor that uses them because I've heard a lot of stories like yours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/22/2005 11:21pm

Style: Jun Fan JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there are at least 3websites dedicated to being anti- paypal.

www.nopaypal.com is 1 of them :)