232835 Bullies, 3726 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How martial arts really started

Here's something you don't expect to see...

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Five Thai Buddhist monks have been defrocked and fined after a brawl with monks from a nearby temple, police and newspapers said Tuesday.
    The street fight was the culmination of years of antagonism between monks from the two temples who had often exchanged curses, insults and rude gestures as they collected alms on different sides of a road, the Manager newspaper said.

"When an ordinary person is given a middle-finger sign, he will be mad. So am I," it quoted one of the defrocked monks, Boonlert Boonpan, as saying after the brawl in the northeastern state of Nong Khai Monday.

Boonlert said he usually carried a knuckle-duster in his shoulder bag during the morning collection of alms on which Bhuddist monks depend, it said.

Boonlert and the four other monks, all aged between 15 and 28, were each fined 1,000 baht ($25) by police for public brawling and were defrocked by senior monks, Wut Pomraksa, head of Nong Khai police station, told Reuters.

But Boonlert was unrepentant.

"If senators can fight in parliament, why can't monks?" he said.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...1&section=news
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 9:42am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, just switched from the 5 min I came onto the site and now! Thanks. :D
    Wish I had vids for y'all.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 12:45pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think this might have already been posted.

In any case, you have to wonder what the hell is the problem with those monks. Ordinary laymen can go through life without throwing a punch in anger...so what the hell are they spending all their monkish time doing?
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've traveled all over S.E. Asia and one thing that struck me is how intense and agressive the Thai monks seemed to be. In every other Asian country, the monks always seemed peaceful and serene, but not Thailand. I have no idea why, but it's an interesting question in light of that story.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 5:24pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    I've traveled all over S.E. Asia and one thing that struck me is how intense and agressive the Thai monks seemed to be. In every other Asian country, the monks always seemed peaceful and serene, but not Thailand. I have no idea why, but it's an interesting question in light of that story.
    I'll tell you why. Its becuase of the woman. There is some serious loving going on in that country, and those monks aren't allowed to touch. :razz:

You can't out run death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it"

Money can't buy you love. - Terry Bogard

Yeah, but you'd be surprised what it can buy you for a few hours. - Joe Higashi

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuayThaiBri67
    I'll tell you why. Its becuase of the woman. There is some serious loving going on in that country, and those monks aren't allowed to touch. :razz:

I think you're on to something.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2005 12:11am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're on to something.
    I know. I've been to many places in S.E. Asia, and Thailand was my favorite place. Heck, after I landed two custom woman almost got in a fight over who was going to take me out. Being the diplomat that I am, I solved the situation by taking them both out. Of course that was before I got married. Now I mainly frequent the Philippines since my wife is Filipino. I go to Japan to just because I really like the country.

"You can't out run death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it"

Money can't buy you love. - Terry Bogard

Yeah, but you'd be surprised what it can buy you for a few hours. - Joe Higashi

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/12/2005 1:49am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That quote by the monk was retarded. If someone gives me the finger I usually ignore them...and I haven't even pledged myself to the overcoming of all wordly desires.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/12/2005 2:54am

Style: Various

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its the cusine!

Posted On:
    6/12/2005 6:45am

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that is pretty funny...
    I wonder what kind of theravada they're teaching over there?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast