Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 8:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Seeing the sort of cowardly, dishonorable person my teacher was at heart -- character flaws I either didn't want to see or couldn't see when I was studying with him -- and seeing the types of public statements of which he was capable (which truly shocked me) confirmed for me that my nagging doubts should instead have been clanging alarm bells." phil elmore
    phil, phil. If you were truly honest and a bit less self-absorbed, you'd be capable of seeing the truth for yourself. The only individual that has proven to be a coward has been you.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 9:28pm

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by myrddin
    I knew it in my heart, yet until now I didn't want to admit it.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 10:04pm

Style: BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe I read both threads in their entirety. It was worth it as I have never seen ownage on such a high level.

This man has been assraped on the level of the poor guy in Calligula.

He should change the name of his site from the Martialist to The Assraped Narcisist.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that this has been posted before, but for the benefit of newly registered people who didn't catch it last time...Kelly Worden's interview of Phil Elmore: http://www.mytalkradio.com/ote/ontheedge-9-11-2004.mp3
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 11:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think chunky monkey has had enough. i vote to move on to other topics.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/18/2005 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil says:

By all means, tell the world. For every ten traditionalists who abhor what I say and how I say it, there will be one martialist who finds my site.
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30295
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 5:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? If phil is any indication, 'martialists' are the retards of the martial arts world.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 5:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    I think chunky monkey has had enough. i vote to move on to other topics.
    Your position is moot seeing how shamoo won't go away and is constantly making himself a target.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 6:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? If phil is any indication, 'martialists' are the retards of the martial arts world.
    607 area code warriors.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/20/2005 3:53am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    I'm not a particular fan of Dieter CQD - a system predicated on a defensive structure - when I see SEALs puting their bare/empty hands up prior to a CQB encounter, that's just retarded. One, a SEAL regardless of their intention to "capture" an enemy combatant should not be unarmed. Two, the notion that puting your hands up to protect your face against knife strikes is idiotic as the enemy can just as easily be armed with a firearm.
    Point. They actually teach that stance for use with a knife or firearm well, which is why he also markets a three-anchor front handle for the M4 (as opposed to the single bolt version, which would likely break off if yo jabbed with the barrel).

The system definitely makes more sense in the "teach attaches something basic and reasonably effective that they can assimilate in a short ammount of time" realm than the "full spectrum combat system for elite military units" idea. I said as much during the course, that as a safety net for someone that's not trained in anything else, it's great, and you can learn it fast, and it can work... IF you've got a little more time, learn Krav or something... If you actually train regularly, well, you're already armed.

Like you said, better for a defensive thing.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627