Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    11/20/2008 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can explain who you are by going to Newbietown and making an introduction thread.

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 4:58am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Shihan Chris Bisset . I went to a seminar he gave in London during march 2009. Very solid techniques. No bullshido whatsoever. Very nice and brutal moves.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2009 6:53pm

Style: shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bisset has a bit of a bad rep here in the Peg. Kind of a Bullshido expert, but even worse than him is Angelo Mendoza! The guy is one of the biggest jokes in the city. First he trained up to his Nidan in Shito Ryu, moved to Winnipeg and could not pass a black belt test in Shotokan, actually the instructor that tested him said he was a purple belt at best, but rather full of himself. I was a in the club and saw brown belts wipe the floor with him.
    So, he leaves the club when he failed his test and "made" his own club up and suddenly was a 3rd dan with a "black belt" in Shotokan...LMAO, he was not good enough to carry a real black belts bag!
    Years pass and I find out one of my students knows one of his. And the guy is now teaching .....wait for it.....NINJITSU! ROTFL!!!! I almost peed when I read this and then went to his web site and saw crap Karate with some really funny looking "ninjitsu" and very low grade gymnastics.

Bissett is a GOD compaired to this moron! The only ones I see as SLIGHTLY worse than him is the "Temple Kung Fu" guys.

Basically we let them kick around with out making to much fun of them because we dont want them leaving...we need a good laugh every once and a while!!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    5/05/2009 9:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bissett has got a bad rep everywhere.

Posted On:
    2/07/2010 6:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although this thread is old, i would like to put something in.
    Some people said that Chris Bissett movied to Honduras. This is a lie. He lived there for 2 years, and that was in the 80's. Has been back in canada ever since.
    Some people said that he was no longer teaching, but this is also a lie. He teaches seminars in all of his clubs.
    People said that he had no talent. This is an absolute lie. I have been to his classes, and he is fantasitc. Not only does he relate, and give you what you need, he can fight. If any of you ever come against him, you will be screwed. This man has real experiance, and he really knows what he's doing. no crap involved.
    His main style is JuiJitsu, as a self-defence.
    He also does Tai-jitsu.
    i also read here that he once did a test to get his black belt, and he failed, the coach even saying he didnt deserve a purple belt? thats such bullshit. Jui-jitsu doesnt even have purple belts. and if you see this guy, you would understand that thats not possible.
    Anyone smearing his name is clearly stupid, or jealous.
    Anyone interested in Jui-Jitsu as a self-defence should really check out one of his seminars.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/07/2010 6:58pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by incharge View Post
    Although this thread is old, i would like to put something in.
    Some people said that Chris Bissett movied to Honduras. This is a lie. He lived there for 2 years, and that was in the 80's. Has been back in canada ever since.
    Some people said that he was no longer teaching, but this is also a lie. He teaches seminars in all of his clubs.
    People said that he had no talent. This is an absolute lie. I have been to his classes, and he is fantasitc. Not only does he relate, and give you what you need, he can fight. If any of you ever come against him, you will be screwed. This man has real experiance, and he really knows what he's doing. no crap involved.
    His main style is JuiJitsu, as a self-defence.
    He also does Tai-jitsu.
    i also read here that he once did a test to get his black belt, and he failed, the coach even saying he didnt deserve a purple belt? thats such bullshit. Jui-jitsu doesnt even have purple belts. and if you see this guy, you would understand that thats not possible.
    Anyone smearing his name is clearly stupid, or jealous.
    Anyone interested in Jui-Jitsu as a self-defence should really check out one of his seminars.
    So, do you have any proof to back up this post? If not it will be moved.

Also, get a browser with spell check. I wish that people that come to defend their teachers or schools could spell.

Posted On:
    2/07/2010 7:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is his webpage that proves that he still lives in Canada, and that he still does seminars. He was doing one this weekend, actually, that I attended and found really great. http://www.bissettjiu-jitsu.com/
    I guess I dont have 'proof' that his classes are great, even though everyone I talked to at the seminar really enjoyed it.

Traditional Jiu-Jitsu

instructed by
    C. D. Bissett

Sensei C. D. Bissett is the current head of the Jishin-Ryu of Jiu-
    Jitsu style. With over 30 years of experience, Sensei Bissett is
    one of Canada's top self-defense and personal protection
    instructors. Sensei Bissett currently holds an 8th Degree Black
    Belt in Jiu-Jitsu and a 7th Degree Black Belt in Tai-Jitsu. Chris
    Bissett is the top ranked Tai-Jitsu instructor in the country.
    Sensei Bissett will lead sessions focusing on a variety of

traditional Jiu-Jitsu techniques.

This was made from the coach at the Portage la Prarie Jiu-Jitsu club, were Chris Bissett did a seminar this past weekend.
    Unfortunately, I could not find a website that shows the jiu-jitsu belts, but there is no purple belt, in that style.
    And again, anyone who is interested in Jiu-Jitsu, should really check out one of his classes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2010 12:44pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hard to believe I started this thread in 2005. Little update. Living in Ottawa and going to OAMA now. Good stuff.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627