Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:52pm

supporting member
     Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any fight with Roberto Duran or Wilfredo (sp?) Benitez are good choices. Hard, heavy hands the two of them.
    I dork harder than any of you can imagine.

- Hedgehoney

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 2:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by afronaut
    Any fight with Roberto Duran or Wilfredo (sp?) Benitez are good choices. Hard, heavy hands the two of them.

The first Duran-Leonard was classic.

To learn the lesson of when to quit - Holmes VS Ali, just painful to watch.

The fight between Ray Mancini and that guy with the dreadlocks ( sorry forgot his name).

Hagler VS Leonard is a seminar on HOW to when a match with ring generalmanship.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 11:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of curiosity, where are you finding these torrents? I found a good fightsport tracker the other day, but it's been down for some reason recently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/15/2005 9:03pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=BatRonin]
    To learn the lesson of when to quit - Holmes VS Ali, just painful to watch.
    QUOTE]

I got one better for you. Berbick vs. Ali. Ali's very last pro fight. But then again, Holmes did stop Ali, and Berbick didn't. I recommend Jose Luis Castillo vs. Diego Corrales. I am going to say that that fight is better than the Ward/Gatti trilogy (they were great though). Julian Letterlough vs. Julio Gonzalez was excellent. Emmanuel Burton vs. Mickey Ward was great (Ring magazine fight of the year for 2001). And by the way, Gatti has been in quite a few Ring magazine fights of the years (had to pluralize both words).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 12:20am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    Just out of curiosity, where are you finding these torrents? I found a good fightsport tracker the other day, but it's been down for some reason recently.
    http://tc-boxing.com/

Posted On:
    6/17/2005 12:27am

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin

The fight between Ray Mancini and that guy with the dreadlocks ( sorry forgot his name).
    Livingston Bramble I believe

Neseem Hamed for the Prince whats his name.

Alexis Arguello vs. Aaron Pryor
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/20/2005 9:38am

Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gatti speaks 4 languages.

Posted On:
    6/20/2005 10:17am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just a few of my favorite fights...

The fight that got me interested in boxing:

Haggler vs. Tommy "the hit man" Hearns.

Hearnes fought well but the only thing he ended up hitting was canvas, after getting knocked in a complete circle by Haggler, Hearns still had a goofy grin stuck on his face.... then he eats another punch and kisses the floor.

Ray Mercer vs. Tommy Morrison

For a square-jawed white guy, Morrison could punch like a freight train, but has a glass jaw. Mercer gets Morrison into the corner, knocks him stupid with a couple punches (at which point Morrison's hands are down completely), then Ray continues to hit Morrison with a half-dozen un-answered hooks (to his big frosty white head). At one point, just as Tommy is about to fall, Ray stands him up with an uppercut and hits him with another three hooks or so. One of the few fights where you're rooting for the referee to stop the fight. Morrison collapses like a sack of bricks on the canvas.....

Holyfield vs Tyson I

The first of these was awesome. Tyson was still feared. Holyfield an underdog but with an iron chin. Holyfield outboxes the crap out of Tyson and wins. This fight was great because of Holyfield's technical prowess, and the fact that you knew Tyson could finish the fight at almost any point with just one of his vicious hooks/uppercuts.

-daGorilla
    Last edited by daGorilla; 6/20/2005 11:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/21/2005 12:06am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gatti's one of my favorites too. Make no mistake, when he sets foot inside the ring, he's there to fight.

This weekend is tough to decide though. Mayweather is very impressive too. I doubt he can take a punch from Gatti, but his defense is so good that his chin has never been tested in 30+ fights. If you can, check out some Mayweather fights; he epitomizes the boxer. He's extremely hard to hit, great footwork, fast as you could ever see, and outstanding boxing and counterpunching skills.

My brain says to bet on Mayweather. But my heart knows that Gatti always gives 150%. With all the crap Mayweather has been saying, Gatti has something to prove. Plus, this has been a big year for upsets in boxing...

...hmm...maybe I should put some money on Gatti. I think the Vegas odds are like 4-1 against him.

Posted On:
    6/22/2005 9:26am

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe that it's next weekend that Gatti is fighting Floyd Mayweather on HBO pay per view. This should be a heck of a fight. Mayweather is a fantastic boxer, so a lot of people are thinking Gatti will just try to turn it into a brawl to throw Pretty Boy off of his game. Regardless of whether Gatti tries to box or brawl, it should be a great match up.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123