Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 1:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Robson Pereira?

This guy is really setting off alarms on the Jiu-Jitsu Gear forum. Supposedly a BJJ BB who trained under "Maurice Sakata" and "Marco Aurelio." There's no Maurice Sakata listed on bjj.org and no "Marco" Aurelio--there is, however, a Marcos Aurelio listed on bjj.org, but Robson Pereira is not listed as one of his BBs. Since bjj.org is not a completely exhaustive, up to date resource, can anyone out there perhaps vouch for Pereira's claims?

Here's the school where he's listed as teaching:

www.rpfightingsystems.com/instructors.html

Some have pointed out that his gi and belt look suspiciously crisp and new and that the belt doesn't have the red sleeve on it. His stance looks funny too.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 2:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know about the guy in particular, but I agree it's a little fishy, from what research you've done so far anyway.

I like this though, although it refers to another one of their instructors and not the Robson guy himself (Robson? weird name, huh?)

Ron Keblish - Sensei Ron Keblish has trained in varying styles of martial arts for 13 years. He currently holds rank in American Tae Kwon Do (3rd Degree Black Belt); Earth Dragon Martial Arts (1st Dan Black Belt); Okinawan KoBuDo (Weapons, 1st Dan ); Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Blue Belt).
    My extreme emphasis

Sounds like the Dragonball show they have on Toon Network before the good shows (Futurama, Family Guy, Harvey Birdman, etc)

Cowardly Henchman

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 9:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? I think there comes a point at which the holy crusade against bullshit has to balance up against just doing your own thing and concentrating on one's own business.

I do not know anything about this Robson fellow, but his school seems to be no different from most others. I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Just because he is not listed on the sacred text of bjj.org doesn't make him a phoney.

If (hypothetically) he is not all that he claims, he will be found out and quickly too. BJJ is a sport and if his students don't compete, or if they consistently lose - hey.

We all know that grapplers love to travel around and train with anyone they can. At some point soon, a really good grappler is going to train with this guy - and hopefully will find him to be everything he claims to be.

He's not claiming to be able to dodge bullets or enter the Matrix, so I say leave him be - all that is happening on JJgear is that a bunch of turds are ripping into him because of the shape of his head.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beneath Contempt
    all that is happening on JJgear is that a bunch of turds are ripping into him because of the shape of his head.
    He does have a funny shaped head.

If he's not a blackbelt, that should be brought out. What's your problem with that.
    I'd say in his favor, all the other instructors are blues. That's actually a good sign.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 10:39am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're going to have to be one tough mofo if you grew up with a head shaped like that. Lots and lots and lots of fights under his belt I'm sure.

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 11:29am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just because i guy has a funny stance and a crisp clean gi and belt in his website pic doesnt mean that he doesnt do the real bjj.maybe hes just trying to look good for the camera. hell my instructor in his bjj.org picture he wearing a brand new atama.

Feather 1
    2nd Marco Aurelio Lewis / Pederneiras 1998 pan ams... he lost to royler

and he fought and won in HnS and zst and bushido.
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...fighterid=4833
    Last edited by Bizzaro Root; 6/08/2005 11:34am at .
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 11:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    just because i guy has a funny stance and a crisp clean gi and belt in his website pic doesnt mean that he doesnt do the real bjj.
    That's a given.

Seems he links to and references people who don't know him though.

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just because he is not listed on the sacred text of bjj.org doesn't make him a phoney.
    Who said it did? Go back up and re-read what I said about bjj.org NOT being a "completely exhaustive, up to date source."

He's not claiming to be able to dodge bullets or enter the Matrix
    But he is claiming to be a BJJ BB.

all that is happening on JJgear is that a bunch of turds are ripping into him because of the shape of his head.
    I left his head out of it.

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 11:50am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell after reading his mission statement i like this guy alot

http://www.rpfightingsystems.com/philosophy.html

Be advised, RPFS is not your traditional martial arts academy!

We do not perform forms or "katas";

We do not break boards or bricks;

We do not teach foreign languages; and

We do not give history lessons.

thats funny, wonder how much bussiness hes lost just because of that.
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Root
    just because i guy has a funny stance and a crisp clean gi and belt in his website pic doesnt mean that he doesnt do the real bjj.maybe hes just trying to look good for the camera.
    I really don't have a problem with the new gi either, but the belt looks like it just came out of the wrapper (Jiu-Jitsu Gear has an enlargement of the pic) and it doesn't have the red sleeve on it. Of course, if he had the picture taken immediately after his teacher took the belt out of the wrapper and presented it to him, that would explain it. But why does he never specifically mention WHO presented him with the belt? I'm very suspicious of a supposed BJJ BB who weasels around about "training under so-and-so and so-and-so" without ever coming out and saying, "I received my BB from so-and-so."
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast