Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 10:51pm

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strange Ab muscle

Alright I've been slowly cutting and trying to get down to about 8% body fat or so, and also I started working my abs again about 2 months ago. Since I started training hard again I've noticed that below my pecs and in between(about right where the bottom of my sternum is) I've started to get a really bulging muscle when I flex that looks like something straight out of the movie Alien. I thought it might be the top of my abs but I'm not quite sure, and every muscle diagram I've studied shows no other muscle inbetween the abs and pecs.

I asked this question on another forum and some said that it might be a compromise to my abdominal membrane or abdominal wall that's causing it to protrude when i flex, he suggested I see a doctor incase it is because it could have some permanent effects. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar issue, and if it is a compromise to my membrane or wall how serious of an issue is it( ie should I go to a physician as soon as possible?)

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 11:28pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its possible it could be a hernia.
    GO TO A DOCTOR NOW.
    Don't wait for our replies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 11:54pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does it hurt? I'd say go see a doctor, you'd get a better reply from him/her than what any of us can post. It could be a hernia but most hernias are projections of the intestine from the abdominal cavity, but you said it's near the sternum so I wouldn't know. I hope it's nothing serious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 12:02am

Style: Wrestling, Camarillo BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't hurt at all, and the only time it sticks out is when I flex. I have a physical scheduled within the next few weeks I might just see about it then. After browsing the net for some pictures that look similar to what I'm talking about I found this one, it's basically what mine looks like accept less drastic since I have a higher body fat %(10-11%)

http://www.bk-sportsmag.se/tidningen...de_triceps.jpg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 2:29am

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm having a hard time telling what you are referring to from that picture. Everyones origin and insertions for their muscles are a little different so it could just be that.

Take a digital pic and post it maybe, or just go see your doc...