Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/11/2005 4:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leavittk
    The physical conditioning, as most of you know, from rolling is outstanding too. I personally like to do "battlefocused" PT. Running and pushups are boring. I kinda stopped doing that, and I am healthier and score higher on my PT test doing combatives full time.

Well said.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    6/13/2005 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by leavittk
    I'm an aikido guy, and came over to the "darkside". I love it and think the program is awesome for what it is designed to do...build warriors.
    Yes you have done well my padawan. Now embrace your anger and your journey to the darkside will be complete!!! :new_black

BTW have you succeeded in getting any other brass off their ass to train. I think I was too intimidating for many of them so the wouldn't show up. Now that you and Czar are doing it they shouldn't be as scared.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 1:49pm

Style: Aikido/MACP/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    naw, I am still a tofu eating vegan, i couldn't be angry!

Posted On:
    6/14/2005 2:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost
    And I think the Marines would be vastly improved by attempting to raise the common sense of their soldiers to that of the stupidest Army Recruit....but we all can't be happy at once so we'll just have to wait around for magical little intelligence pills...or magic, whichever comes first.
    A little advice (which I'm sure you won't take)...try to have a clue what you are talking about before you open your mouth. It will make your military life easier.

The point Lawdog was trying to make is that the Marine Corps holds recruits to higher marksmanship standards. That's not a slight against the Army, just a reality. For example, I believe the Army -even for 18x wannabes like yourself - runs their KD qual out to 300 yards. All Marines, even cooks and truck drivers, must qual on the same M16 out to 500 yards.

You will find similar differences in many areas of military life where Marines just set higher expectations than the Army counterparts. The list is substantial. Many soilders would have no problem meeting or exceeding Marine standards, so this is not a Marine > soilder cock measuring contest.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 2:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu, judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in the ARMY from 1980 to1988
    We did not have this back then, so I had to go outside of the ARMY to get the real stuff.
    Back then there were only four or five tournaments through out the world.
    Of course the ARMY said I was crazy and I was 11B series.
    I am glad to see actual close combat training, HOORAH RLTW.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/12/2011 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu, judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As to war fare training, the different arts as ARTEPS, and the movess as Common Tasks. And just list the training and moves but no belts.
    I was a Training NCO, cerification in MMAL possible but for now there is no such thing.
    You hold a belt for each different arts, that's how it usually is.
    A program could be designed I see that it is possible .
    Who ever cosigner it better know and live it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234