STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 11:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Beautiful Boxer

Just watched this today, excellent movie. Unfortunately, like Ong Bak, the only version I could find wasn't in English. However it wasnt very difficult to follow the story.

Basically its about this kid who wants to be a dancer, but is also secretly an admirer of muay thai. he gets bullied into fighting at a local event, and uses the only technique he knows- roundhouse kick, which he learnt from watching his brother- to win the match (after taking quite a beating)

after this he goes and joins a muay thai camp but it isnt quite what he wants- drill camp like training isnt his cup of tea. however the girl who cooks their food shows him the advanced fighters training in the woods and he is immediately taken with the beauty and grace of muay thai. It progresses from here with him fighting, winning, making money, and finally "coming out" that he is actually a woman trapped in a mans body. Finally, when he is rich enough, he gets the operation to change him into a woman. (weirdly enough, she is now a model in Bangkok- Thais are very open minded )

Movie is a bit slow to start off with, especially when you dont understand the language but when the action starts its awesome. The fights are some of the most realistic I have ever seen, while still adding in a bit of movie fu- flying elbows and some older muay boran techniques are mixed in with the brawling-, and all the people who act in it are trained muay thai fighters- you wont see any laughably uncomfortable actors trying to be kung fu masters ala the matrix here. The movie is very well acted, directed... honestly, this puts most big money hollywood films to shame.

And yes, it is a true story. Parinya Charoenphol is something of a legend in Thailand, and was an extremely accomplished fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 11:47pm

Style: Hashashin.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really want to respond, but I'm not sure how to. I don't want to come off as a dick, by saying, "Wow, that's weird," but goddamnit, it is!

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 11:57pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A male dancer beats the **** out of a bunch of guys and then gets a sex change to be a woman?

That's hot.

PL

Office Drone

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    Just watched this today, excellent movie. Unfortunately, like Ong Bak, the only version I could find wasn't in English. However it wasnt very difficult to follow the story.
    And this is without subtitles?

Sounds interesting. I remember this special I watched on Discovery channel about Thailand and all the sex changes that people travel there to get and the culture surrounding it and such. Strange stuff.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 12:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A male dancer beats the **** out of a bunch of guys and then gets a sex change to be a woman?

That's hot.
    Thanks to fucking Paris Hilton, whenever I see the phrase "That's hot", I can hear her vacuous bastard voice in my head.

Damn you, Poop-loops. Damn you all to hell.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 12:08am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the same guy that I read about in Maxim Magazine that enjoyed beating up tourists for kicks?

I read that it was a former thai champ that had a sex change and enjoyed luring men into dark alleys and beating them up.

There can't be many sex changed Muay Thai champs can there??

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 12:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ben, that was my point. ;)

Ikken, if there were no subtitles, you sure you didn't just make everything up about the sex change? You sure you're not actually projecting your own desires? I'd undertand, if you were. I mean, it's plausible that the guy was actually a sexual predator, that took dancing classes to get to know women, then rape them. It could have been that he wasn't bullied into fighting, but the guy he was talking to had a birth defect that caused him to be really loud and aggressive, and the reason he only used a roundhouse is because those are the rules he agreed to fight under: he would ONLY use a roundhouse and still win. Then, when, he was having the operation, it wasn't actually his will. The government found out he was actually a robot from Zorlak 7 sent to Earth to own at Muay Thai, so when they found out, they gave him a sex change so he couldn't fight anymore in the male division, and who cares about the women division, so it was fine.

PL

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 12:46am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, you might be right. il get my tinfoil hat. the government is spying on us you know.

aaaaaaand there is no womens division in thailand. transexuals, yes, they can fight- women however are of the DEVIL and are not allowed in the ring.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 1:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Thais are open-minded my ASS.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 10:52am

Style: Kung Fu San Soo / Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is the weirdest story, I've ever heard...

Transexuals in thailand. Any corrolation with travelling business executives? :eusa_wall
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast