6/06/2005 2:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Gung-Fu is the Art of Killing and Restraint"

Not in conjunction, obviously.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/06/2005 6:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is funny to hear mention of Count Dante again. I remember seeing his picture and send-away membership in comic books when i was a child.As for the Green Dragon society, never heard of them. Sounds like alot of hot air, but you never know until you meet the guys ...I suppose.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2006 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slavegan
    i can be wrong but i think i heard a rumour about these two
    dragon societies fighting and one guy got killed.

apparently dantes school barged in with weapons and they fought and a guy died in
    the fight .this could be an entierly different school on another place in the usa
    i just remembered something i heard on a different board 3-4 years ago

is there any truth in this ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dante -

"The various enmities culminated in the Dojo War incident of 1970 where Dante and some of his students went to a rival dojo of the Green Dragon Society's Black Cobra Hall. According to press coverage, upon entering the school, they claimed to be police officers and attacked the rival dojo's students. The brief battle resulted in the death of one of Dante's friends and fellow sensei, Jim Koncevic. As a result of this incident, Dante became much more subdued in his activities."

There are a couple of guys in Chicago trying to pull money together for a documentary on Keehan.

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 11:22pm

Style: What Ever Works!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get onto Floyd Webb's site SEARCH FOR COUNT DANTE. All will be revealed!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 2:38am

Style: pak mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

memories

count dante was around when l was teaching in the early 60s . he was a hairdresser who claimed to be the worlds most dangerous man . l was in the us when he apparently went to a chinese school with some students and walked in and challenged them . it went outside when one of dantes students pulled a gun and got himself killed . as to green dragon there was one around years ago that sold cources on vcr tapes and sets from various styles in black belt and other mags. they claimed they had one of ours and a student of mine bought it and it was not even close. maybe they have just changed their mo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 10:50pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    . as to green dragon there was one around years ago that sold cources on vcr tapes and sets from various styles in black belt and other mags. they claimed they had one of ours and a student of mine bought it and it was not even close. maybe they have just changed their mo.
    ---There are a LOT of "Green Dragon Studios" videos on eBay, not sure if they are the same outfit. Maybe-- the ones being sold are probably all bootlegs and copies of older tapes. They seem to have vids on just about every style of Gungfu/CMA ever heard of, and many NOT heard of.

I ended up with one or two [note to self: don't drink and eBay], some sort of two-person drills, haven't looked at it for years-- older, bodybuilder-looking guy and a younger woman who's also pretty buff, bashing their forearms together. Background is classic old CMA Kwoon with polearms & etc. Could possibly be 10-20+ years old.

I'll see if oldtyger or someone around here can upload some clips-- that is, if I have everyone's solemn word the won't misuse the d34dl3y skilz . . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/24/2007 11:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the tape that my student bought was of supposedly sup ji from pak mei. it looked as if someone had seen it then made it up as close as they could come . probably where someof the people claiming pak mei got theres from l suppose. lt would beinteresting to see . l probably assume that they are from the green dragon sold years ago.

Don't mess with the Mega-Buster

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: A+B, D-Pad

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah the Green Dragon Team was this guy ( cant remember the name) he had at one point trained with Gene Chiccoine and went around bootlegging all the forms, techniques`and whatnot. Last I saw he was combing weight training with chi-kung and claiming impressive gains in strenghth. I also recall a lengthy list of obscure (fictitous?) videos, like white eyebrow old monkey fist form 2.Also I believe he was`selling T3H R34L iron palm linament which pissed GM Chiccoine off to no end as the formula is super top secret.
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2007 1:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

green dragon

we dont have a old monkey fist form lol lol it was at the same time wars were going on between some clubs. there was one tkd club in hartford was blown up, challenges in toronto chinatown. fights between clubs behind closed doors . but it sure got rid of mcdogos and fakes lol . some places it got serious enough to start carrying .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/26/2007 3:52am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Training in the martial arts is designed to cultivate and stimulate increased physical prowess, cardiovascular enrichment, self defense, sport, Asian culture, and an overall condition of Homeostasis (Complete unity if body health). "

Ah! So its true that ALL martial arts are asian....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast