Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/04/2005 9:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    Why drop a dime when you can email him for free?

http://www.jademountain.org/contact.html

You might just want to email him this thread. Let us know if he responds.
    Well, Striker1976?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2005 5:50pm

Style: Hung Suen Wing Chun, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    Well, Striker1976?
    To whom it may concern,
    Goodmorning, i have just visited your website www.jademountain.com, after viewing the site it advises that you teach Brazilian Jiu Jitsu there, i have viewed a few images that show the master applying a few techniques, what has baffled me is what the Green belt represents. I have done Brazilian Jiu Jitsu now for a couple of years, i am unawares of the green belt for senior students, i have however seen this belt in Juniors grades, we dont take in young kids at our school so we dont have any green belts. Can you please elaborate more on this and can you also please advise of the teachers rank and whom he achieved his rank from.

This information and your co-operation would be greatly appreciated.

I sent it last week no reply as yet though!!

BJJ Purple Belt

Posted On:
    6/06/2005 1:06pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I also noted early but did not emphasize enough that I THINK I see a BJJ uniformed instructor triangling another instructor.....while wearing a black belt in those photos.

That is a problem.

We have a guy who teaches another form of martial art at another location in another school but takes privates with our instructor. From what I have heard he wears his black belt while teaching BJJ at his school. I am guessing he refers to it as 'grappling', but he is CLEARLY a white belt in BJJ.

I had heard about this ****. And it bothers me. Why? Because I don't wear my black belt when I am doing BJJ because I am not a black belt in BJJ. In fact, I wouldn't wear my black belt with a BJJ gi even at another school while not doing BJJ. It would be like...false representation.

Now the guy I am talking about was there Saturday. He was not wearing his black belt. But I have heard from others that he has at our school on occassion. My instructor obviously cuts him slack because he teaches at another school and is a private student.

Let's just say that **** wouldn't fly if he sparred with me. Wearing a white belt I would be normal. Wearing a black belt I would take it on as a public service to apply more pain than neccessary. I know...I am vain, shallow, weak, mean, and a bully. It just chaps my ass to see BJJ being misrepresented.

I agree 100%- if the guy was teaching his kung fu or whatever before his BJJ class, he should remove his krotty belt and wear his BJJ belt- its clear false representation. Theres plenty of those people around- they basically dont want to cross train because they judge their merit by what's around their waist rather than whats in their head (i.e. they dont want to be caught wearing the dreaded white belt)

There was a Ninja/JJJ guy who's a friend of one of my instructors that came into my gym once. My instructor told me ahead of time that the guy was a JJJ instructor and would most likely be wearing his black belt when he came in to spar- he then proceeded to tell me to kick the ever living **** out of him when he does.

There was also another guy who taught krotty when he was training in BJJ at my gym. Eventually he started incorporating BJJ into his krotty school's curriculum when he was a blue belt. Word was that he would teach krotty before BJJ, but leave his black belt on for when he would teach the BJJ class- he would then proceed to outmuscle and kick the **** out of everyone he sparred against.

These people need to be shot

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2005 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The BJJ Instructor

Here is an enlightening picture.

http://www.jademountain.org/img/paul2.jpg

There Paul is, a black belt, rolling with that other guy a f'ing red belt. A grandmaster!!!

Of course, I've started my troll attack on them. "I'm interested in BJJ. How many years, on average, does it take to get a green belt," etc.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/06/2005 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not red, it's orange.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/06/2005 5:33pm

Style: Hung Suen Wing Chun, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    I agree 100%- if the guy was teaching his kung fu or whatever before his BJJ class, he should remove his krotty belt and wear his BJJ belt- its clear false representation. Theres plenty of those people around- they basically dont want to cross train because they judge their merit by what's around their waist rather than whats in their head (i.e. they dont want to be caught wearing the dreaded white belt)

There was a Ninja/JJJ guy who's a friend of one of my instructors that came into my gym once. My instructor told me ahead of time that the guy was a JJJ instructor and would most likely be wearing his black belt when he came in to spar- he then proceeded to tell me to kick the ever living **** out of him when he does.

There was also another guy who taught krotty when he was training in BJJ at my gym. Eventually he started incorporating BJJ into his krotty school's curriculum when he was a blue belt. Word was that he would teach krotty before BJJ, but leave his black belt on for when he would teach the BJJ class- he would then proceed to outmuscle and kick the **** out of everyone he sparred against.

These people need to be shot
    I totally agree with in our school if you do BJJ you change your belt you do not use the same belt for the BJJ classes. As our Sifu illustrates it is a class individual school within the school. Our Sifu himself also changes his belt to the BJJ belt he has aquired which is a Purple Belt. There is no room for ego in martial arts we are all here to learn and grow within the system thats what i beleive!

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 2:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    It's not red, it's orange.

PL
    Orange being the BJJ kiddie rank before green.

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 2:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by richarjs
    Of course, I've started my troll attack on them. "I'm interested in BJJ. How many years, on average, does it take to get a green belt," etc.
    Jolly good. Keep us posted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2005 5:49pm

Style: Judo and Kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If hes lyeing about bjj rank I wonder if hes qualified to teach kung fu. I do the same style of kung fu as him and in order to teach he would have to be a certain level and most likely have done some time down at the wah lum temple in orlando florida. In judo ive noticed some juko kai type people come in with black belts I dont mind bowing to them at the start of class as long as I own them on the mat. I want to stay a white belt in judo its more humiliating when you beat someone when your wearing a white belt.

Posted On:
    7/15/2005 9:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A little exchange with Alvis Solis on another forum has shed some light on Sifu McClendon, Sensei Thomas, and the green belt business. I come into the thread on post # 9:

http://www.jiujitsugear.com/forum/in...?topic=45991.0
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast