Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you're clear it is the kungfu dude of question, not the bjj blackbelt.

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 5:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am clear. Thanks.
    Last edited by dam0011; 10/24/2007 5:49pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 5:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, should have quoted. I was responding to indy007.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 6:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    Sorry, should have quoted. I was responding to indy007.
    Right on. Then the kung-fu guy is probably a 3 stripe white belt. Only difference is the belt I've seen handed out is dark green instead of that bright green. Hell my belt is freakin' neon orange (2 stripes). If you ask me, I'll say white belt, but some people may see it differently. I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 8:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you're clear it is the kungfu dude of question, not the bjj blackbelt.
    Well UpaLumpa actually there was some doubt about his BJJ belt! I think its been cleared up!

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 2:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oy, yey.

Paul doesn't teach Bullshido. His students typically do pretty well in Houston area competitions, and he's very knowledgable about t3h gr4ppl3.

Yes he wears a black belt, but he doesn't represent it as a BJJ bb. He belongs to some grappling federation/association/organization with which I'm not familiar.

Yes, he trained with Eric in the past. No, they no longer have any affiliation.

-Edit-

Also, congrat's to Paul on his BJJ black belt!
    Last edited by sdave; 10/25/2007 3:33pm at .
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 2:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    Oy, yey.

Paul doesn't teach Bullshido. His students typically do pretty well in Houston area competitions, and he's very knowledgable about t3h gr4ppl3.

Yes he wears a black belt, but he doesn't represent it as a BJJ bb. He belongs to some grappling federation/association/organization with which I'm not familiar.

Yes, he trained with Eric in the past. No, they no longer have any affiliation.

-Edit-

Also, congrat's to Paul on his BJJ brown belt!
    Haha never thought I'd see Sdave with a brain fart. He actually has a Black Belt now. Read the thread noob!!!!

I will cherish this thread foe evah!!!!:love4:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 3:08pm

Style: Judo, BJJ & Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dam0011
    Karl Geis gave Paul a Rokudan (6th) if you want to come by and see the certificate or call Geis then please do it, but your incessant talking **** is pathetic without researching your facts. This is the last time I am responding to this studip thread. Unless you have visited the academy or trained w/ Paul then shut the **** up. Just b/c you have a blue or purple belt in BJJ doesn't make you the expert on fucking everything! The only reason I have responded to this BS is b/c someone fowarded me this thread. I know it is easier to HATE and talk **** then to train and do something meaningfull. So go on and hate you spiritual vampires.

I have a competitive UK Judo 3rd Dan and have trained 24 years all over the UK, France and at the Kodokan in Japan. For me to get my 6th dan it will take a minimum of 15 years. This is as a result of the time in grade requirements. It also assumes that I meet the technical and competitive point requirements.

Now even by the Karl Geis promotion requirements 3rd Dan to 6th Dan takes a minimum of 11 years and this assumes scoring the maximum contest points possible and learning the technical syllabus:

http://www.karlgeis.com/ju_d_pro.htm

Now Thompson has achieved a Judo 6th Dan in just 20 years. He has gone from 3rd to 6th dan in under 3 years. Now if you are telling me he actually has a 6th Dan in Judo then Karl Geis 6th dans aren't worth ****.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Haha never thought I'd see Sdave with a brain fart. He actually has a Black Belt now. Read the thread noob!!!!

I will cherish this thread foe evah!!!!:love4:
    D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Also, congrat's to Paul on his BJJ black belt!
    Fixed.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/25/2007 5:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now Thompson has achieved a Judo 6th Dan in just 20 years. He has gone from 3rd to 6th dan in under 3 years. Now if you are telling me he actually has a 6th Dan in Judo then Karl Geis 6th dans aren't worth ****.
    I think you should take that up with Karl. You obviously have seen his site. Call him and let us know what he said.

I really dont understand why ppl on this forum like to speculate endlessly. We can debate for a year about what you think about Paul and his belt but your not gonna get any answers. Just call up Karl and ask him. he's a good old guy from Oklahoma. Im sure he will tell you all about it.

I think its funny that we have come from a Kung Fu guy with gay shoes to ppl wanting to go see Paul's school.
    Im glad we stirred this pot.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast