Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 9:24am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, he posts over on WEC forum as Monstro and truthfully speaking he's not all that. Much respect given for being a tough guy but showed almost nothing for groundwork. He'll be fighting Ron Waterman this August. We'll see then.

aahhh...the colors

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Sub Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanORourke
    PS - did you see the vote for Am MMA on OKFightnews? The Oklahoma Boxing commission is voting on it this week...
    Yeah, I've been reading up on that. I'm not a promoter or a fighter, and I'm not Dale, so I don't see what the big deal is. I'd consider doing it if was available, I think it'd be cool for people like me who have no intention of going pro, and just want to do it for the hell of it.

What's your screenname on OKFightNews? Mine's the same but I've only ever posted twice.
    Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that kickboxing is commonly known as fighting while grappling simply isn't. - Osiris

Posted On:
    6/08/2005 10:24am

Style: Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omeag i thought monstro was an accomplished bjj guy and cleaned house last time he went to the mundials at purple. after you showed me that he was monstro i read his post on wec forums.

he promised he would stand with waterman and that waterman had nothing on him on the ground.

the dudes 6' and 265 wow. that diesel.
    Last edited by Bizzaro Root; 6/08/2005 10:29am at .
    Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
    My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2005 4:04am

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAlrdyNum
    Yeah, I've been reading up on that. I'm not a promoter or a fighter, and I'm not Dale, so I don't see what the big deal is. I'd consider doing it if was available, I think it'd be cool for people like me who have no intention of going pro, and just want to do it for the hell of it.

What's your screenname on OKFightNews? Mine's the same but I've only ever posted twice.
    AdamsFighter - it has my real name in my bio...

I think its a good deal for exactly that reason (people that want to compete but not go pro)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2005 4:39am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reverse a knife-to-your-throat situation (very nasty and bloody)...
    .....Yeah, bleed as much as you can and scream; ''i'm sick!! i'sick!!!'' as loud as you can to an attacker. ALWAYS makes them run away in fear.

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 3:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually started studying under Randall Brown. So far in 3 weeks I have learned more than in 8 years of Tae Kwan Do. His school has several mma fighters in both amateur and pro ranks. The most noted is Jake Hattan. Look it up...fortcollinsmma.com

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has he covered counting coup yet?

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 9:56am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who ever this company is is just using a lot of marketing jargon to sell their product. No one is unbeatable in this day and age of long range rifles. As for comments regarding Randall Brown, I know the man personally and train in his dojo in Colorado. I have trained with a US Martial combat instructor as well as a Balintawak System instructor and by far Soke Brown has surpassed their expertise. Check out his school site....fortcollinsmma.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 10:16am

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bumped a two year old thread to advertise?

Posted On:
    5/12/2007 1:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Jim Aravantis an insult to Hellenic culture. He "reconstructed" Pankration by using Asian MA and then called it Pankration? Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap
    Well Arvantis called it a reconstruction and he didn't only use Asian MA he used wrestling and boxing... or so I have read.

Also before judging the man so harshly consider that his competitors in Greece were claiming a Pankraton basis using karate techniques.

There is nothing wrong with reconstructing an art using your experience in other arts. It is creative and fun. If you don't claim authenticity what is the problem?

Frankly I like the guys who reconstruct better than the guys who invent their own style. Guys who reconstruct sometimes bring out points that are of interest about an art that died in the charnel grounds of history. Most guys who invent thier own style fall a bit short of Musashi, The Gracies, Kano, Morhei M, etc.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast